Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bugs CE 6.5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Source
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarkS1d3
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:41 pm    Post subject: Bugs CE 6.5 Reply with quote

"break and trace"
Code:
If you use "break and trace" (Jump over calls) and you run into a popup window
By this time your "break and trace" will pause untill you close the window.

However if you close the "break and trace" window the and close the window that paused the debugger the debugger will crash.

This should be fixed (also please add a stop button to break and trace just incase you are looking for those windows)

Assembler issue ( AA Script ) new from 6.4
Code:

If you place "mov fs:[00000000],eax" in the disable part it will miscalculate the bytes when you disable the script, this does not happen all the time but i noted it very quickly

miscalculate as in edit (7 bytes) 1 byte  to much (not 6 as it should)

- please consider adding "Place breakpoints on all callers" when you right click on a function top.
CE is already capable of calculating all calls and jumps, the info is already there just lacking the feature.

-add a settings where you can choose to keep the set breakpoints after application crash (if you start it up again)

Something else that would be a huge game changer in CE is to allow the user to rename functions (place a nickname) just like IDA does, that way it would be easier to decode what is happening
Call 00000000 = Call 00000000 (MyNameFunction) (simular as a comment but visible on all callers)
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for the last part use a userdefined symbol.
that way the disassembler and assembler will show the name instead of the hexadecimal value

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
DarkS1d3
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
for the last part use a userdefined symbol.
that way the disassembler and assembler will show the name instead of the hexadecimal value

Thanks for that works great, cant believe i missed that feature.
however just like comments, breakpoints it would be nice if you can save them when you relaunch CE or the application later on, not just in the moment.

A nice solution would be to make a file for each processname you attach (no need to save it manually) where Set comments, Breakpoints, userdefine symbols where saved and if you open it up later it just load the file. (Maybe even snapchat of dissected memory, that way you only need to rerun it once for every version of the FileVersion)

This later on could add nice features like IDA's "sigmake" where CE could automatically create AoB's of the userdefine symbols/ comments (when you choose too) and then load it if there have been a game/ applicaiton update to find the new locations.

PS when you are in MemView you can right click and copy things, you should consider adding Copy Address atm you need to copy Address, Bytes and Opcodes / Addresses and Opcodes
DarkS1d3
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scanning bug
Code:

Negative and positive values

if you have -100 and it raise to 50 it is not higher then -100

Same if you use less then and bigger then ("If Value bigger then -5000" all positive values will dissaper and other way around)

however this have been for ong not just latest version
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not a bug. By default CE treats all integer data as unsigned. Example:

What you're doing:
First scan for -100 (4-byte).
Next scan for 50.
(50 > -100)

What CE is doing:
First scan for 4,294,967,196 (4-byte).
Next scan for 50.
(50 < 4,294,967,196)

DarkS1d3
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ParkourPenguin wrote:
That's not a bug. By default CE treats all integer data as unsigned. Example:

What you're doing:
First scan for -100 (4-byte).
Next scan for 50.
(50 > -100)

What CE is doing:
First scan for 4,294,967,196 (4-byte).
Next scan for 50.
(50 < 4,294,967,196)

I think that should be depending on the actually search settings else its get very complicated if lets say you have a X location

X = 10
then you move to X = 50 and search increased
then you move to X -5 you need to search increased again

This will lead to that you save alot of search results that wasent supposed to be saved while u try to sort them out.

--------------------------------------

anyway another dissasembler bug (not important but it may lead to something worst if its not specificly this case)

mov ecx,[edi+ecx+04] will equal to mov ecx,[ecx+edi+04] when used in [disable]

Since the end result will still work its not that bad however bytewize

8B 4C 39 04 << what it translates too
8B 4C 0F 04 << should be
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True. I didn't mean to imply your comment was irrelevant; more so, that it was classified incorrectly. It's more of a feature request than a bug report.

Perhaps adding a "signed" checkbox right where the rounding types for floating point numbers are would be a good idea? Smile

DarkS1d3
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ParkourPenguin wrote:
True. I didn't mean to imply your comment was irrelevant; more so, that it was classified incorrectly. It's more of a feature request than a bug report.

Perhaps adding a "signed" checkbox right where the rounding types for floating point numbers are would be a good idea? Smile

agreed :p i think signed is useful sometimes also it would be good to be able to use the one you prefer at that moment

-------------------------------------------------

Debugger bug (on disable breakpoint)

When you have a set a breakpoint and change the memory location (by script or other ways) then disable the breakpoint it changes randomly to something compleatly wrong instead of just read what the current bytes are upon disable.

Also happens sometimes if you just disable the breakpoints when a breakpoint have been triggered like this picture (most commonly when the debugger have paused but triggered "track and trace" because you use jump over instruction and a messagebox popup)

-------------------
Also DB would be amazing if you could add a "depth" function to track and trace, having alot of issues with "hide functions: where its called from 100 different functions and have call after call included with millions of instructions.

Atm i break at the location i want to "hook" and step into the function and while paused i place a track and trace but then i cant save the registers from the hookpoint

example Depth "1"

@Place i wanna hook
opcode
opcode
opcode
call blabla
- opcode
- opcode
- Call blabla1 (dont go into this call jump over)
ret
opcode
opcode

instead of
@Place i wanna hook
opcode
opcode
opcode
call blabla
- opcode
- opcode
- Call blabla1 million opcdode application crash
-- Call blabla1 million opcdode application crash
--- Call blabla1 million opcdode application crash
---- Call blabla1 million opcdode application crash
----- Call blabla1 million opcdode application crash
ret - application closed before it reach this point due to delay of the debugger tracing
opcode
opcode

a11.PNG
 Description:
Disabled breakpoints
 Filesize:  12.75 KB
 Viewed:  18685 Time(s)

a11.PNG

DarkS1d3
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to clerify my last report i have checked it a bit more and it is when the debugger is paused but triggered.

When a breakpoint have been set (track and trace or just a breakpoint) and you use step over instead of step into calls. and a popup box appers within that function the debugger is still triggered but "paused"

if you disable a breakpoint somewhere in this state it will change the opcode and ruin the bytes so it will crash
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Source All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: