Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

About MMOs and other online games...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rydian
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:16 pm    Post subject: About MMOs and other online games... Reply with quote

Cheat Engine is a tool specifically made to cheat at games, and these are the Cheat Engine forums. So it stands to
reason that people will be asking for help or cheats for all sorts of games. However sometimes you may ask for help
with hacking online games (like MMOs for example). There's two problems with that.
  1. Online/MMO games tend to keep their values server-side. This means that in most cases the actual values are on
    the server and the server determines what's allowed. For example if you were to "find" your gold value and increase
    it, then when you go to purchase something expensive you'd see it fails. This is because the server still knows your
    real gold value
    and the server is responsible for determing what actually happens. You only have access to the
    client, you can't scan and edit values on the server because it's on somebody else's computer (to put it simply).

2. For various reasons (technical, legal, and moral) you won't get any specific help for online/MMO games here. If you
    post a thread along the lines of "Hey help me hack (x game)" and it's an MMO or other form of online game then you
    will get your thread locked, people will still refuse to help you even if you add them on skype, etc.

There's lots of tutorials on the forums and you can ask to learn all sorts of things about hacking and cheating at games
    in general using various methods and tools. Just don't ask about hacking a specific MMO or other online game.

... but what determines if something is an "online game"?
Here's three main questions to ask yourself about the game.

1 - Do you need to sign into your account to play when you start up the game?
2 - Does the game refuse to let you play if you start it up with no internet connection?
3 - Are you forced to play in the same "world" as other players, and there's no way to play single-player?

If even one answer is a "yes", then chances are the game is considered an "online game", so don't ask about it here.

(Now I have a generic response to give!)

Last edited by Rydian on Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Stregum
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, let me bookmark this one Very Happy
3scorpi0n
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know but.... I try...Its a shame
akumakuja28
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borderlands 2 was the biggest online cheating frenzy i have ever seen.
And TechnoJackers table is by far the most widely distributed Cheat Table to date. I bet that table has easy 300,000 plus downloads.

I Found out about cheat engine and his table playing ONLINE.

So why this strict online games ban. Cant ask or hack game's that have online capabilities. Rolling Eyes

And last time I checked POX's MGSV table had a teleport script that allowed you to jump directly to the WIN of an ONLINE only based feature called FOB. Which you steal/win soldiers and resources from the player your invading. So... How is that not online cheating?
This was a drop down option and super NOOB friendly.

But it seems Smaller scale Online capable games are hackable and the forum seems cool with it. I guarantee when "The Division" comes out the table will be out same day. Hell, I might write that Table. I bet no one removes it or accuses me of online cheating or enforces some arbitrary ban.

I have also seen forum members help a guy load custom characters for online matchs in the most recent Mortal Kombat.

Quote:
Rydian
1 - Do you need to sign into your account to play when you start up the game?
2 - Does the game refuse to let you play if you start it up with no internet connection?
3 - Are you forced to play in the same "world" as other players, and there's no way to play single-player?

If even one answer is a "yes", then chances are the game is considered an "online game", so don't ask about it here.

1. If you do its a MMO and its Server Based and has multiple cheat protection written in the code eg. WoW
2. Still an MMO
3. Still an MMO

If you can hack WoW or any MMO now days. You shouldn't be hacking games any more. Go get a career at the CIA or chase down Cicada 3301.

Heres A Def Con Video 2 years ago of WOW hacking This guy is Smart

And another video about hacking WOW These guys Are Dedicated

No way in hell anyone on this forum nows any of this or could give any advice for MMO's that have had tons of money poured into them. Or some currency exchange happening in a F2P - pay to upgrade scenario.

So where does this grey area arise?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh.

Borderlands 2 isn't an MMO.

It's client-sided and the multiplayer is optional and P2P.

Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rydian wrote:
Uh.

Borderlands 2 isn't an MMO.

It's client-sided and the multiplayer is optional and P2P.

Uh yeah borderlands is not an MMO. Glad we agree. Confused

So what about MGSV it forced you to create an FOB. Which left you vulnerable to attack from cheaters. But online cheating is cool on that because (please fill reason here).

I dont mean to attack you but why all this mess about online gaming when its not plausible to HACK MMO's anyway?

Thanks for reading my reply though. Really appreciate the words of wisdom concerning what we can and can not post about considering Online gaming.

Should have called your post simply "About MMO hacking".

Because there is clearly Zero F's given about games that have an online element.

I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

akumakuja28 wrote:
why all this mess about online gaming when its not plausible to HACK MMO's anyway?

Says who? Very Happy
akumakuja28
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

++METHOS wrote:
akumakuja28 wrote:
why all this mess about online gaming when its not plausible to HACK MMO's anyway?

Says who? Very Happy

Well for knowledgeable gentle man like your self it is. Still requires more tools then just cheat engine. And no new person asking for advice is going this far.

I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Green Anyone here that follows defcon has probably seen this one:

Link
akumakuja28
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I linked that video and another def con video in my first reply.

Should have used the picture.

I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah. Didn't notice the links.

Would ideally serve as an educational deterrent but unlikely. You have to appreciate the Rick Roll, though. Very Happy
Rydian

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

akumakuja28 wrote:
So where does this grey area arise?

The actual distinction is generally whether the company's servers are involved in online play and the recording of
save data. If they are, we're not touching it here. If they aren't, it's generally safe to.

akumakuja28 wrote:
Should have called your post simply "About MMO hacking".

It's a wording thing. The kind of people who want to cheat at an online game will gladly use excuses like "It's not
TECHNICALLY an MMO so I did nothing wrong!" so it's important to be clear here.

A - Some online server-based games aren't "Massively-Multiplayer", like various MOBA-style games that only allow
up to 4 players in a session at a time don't technically fit that description, but are online.

B - There's games like Terraria and Starbound which can allow lots of players onto the same server at once,
but don't use an account-based system or the company's servers for online, it's all private servers and the game
has an offline mode. Some people might call these "MMOs" regardless.

C - Some games you do "play online" are fine to mess with, like tons of various flash/java games on websites.

So just saying "no MMOs" has exceptions both ways that need to be covered. Lots of people don't actually know how
to tell the difference between client-sided and server-sided things (let alone saves and server types), thus the questions.
They are actual questions that actually help make the distinction for people that don't know the difference.

- Borderlands 2
You don't sign into an account for BL2.
You can play BL2 while offline.
You can play with or without other players in BL2.

Therefore BL2 should be fine.

- Warframe
You have to sign in to play Warframe.
You cannot play it offline, because your save is on the servers.
You can play most missions in solo mode to avoid having other players in the same session.

The game has a solo mode, but you have to log in and play online (and players exist in places like chat and the relays).
Thus, despite being able to go into a solo mode and the sessions actually being P2P hosted, the game involves the
servers and save data of the company, so we're not going to discuss that.

akumakuja28 wrote:
If you can hack WoW or any MMO now days.

You just need to think outside the box. Instead of changing values directly, you need to change logic. The server
controls the values, but the client in many MMOs is still responsible for various decisions and actions, and in many
cases the server will trust the client to make decisions for it.

WoW is highly-staffed and experienced so you'll rarely find anything that they haven't already covered there, but I play
an MMO that's made by a company notorious for being lazy, and one thing they did was try to make the game as cheap to
run as possible. That means, despite it being an MMO, tons of things were handled by the client and in the past you could
do all sorts of neat things by changing logic client-side.

- You could change the effective range of the heal skill to heal players way too far away. The sever didn't double-check range.
- You could change targeting flags to heal monsters, the server assumed the checks in the client were enough.
- You could pull up the admin control panel, because it exists in the client and was brought up with a text command.
- You could disable a "not enough currency" error to buy with less than enough "gold" and underflow your count.

etc.

Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have recently made a post about Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes (bluestacks)

That is an online game.... BUT! There is a part of it where i can edit values and stuff.
If anyone has read the post, it says where and what can be changed.

Does that count as online game? Coz i mean it is.... But there is a part that isnt very online at all lol
Rydian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The distinction isn't about how secure a game is. Razz
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: