Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trying to freeze the current carry weight in The Long Dark

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kronikwookie
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:49 am    Post subject: Trying to freeze the current carry weight in The Long Dark Reply with quote

Carry weight in this game is represented in decimal form so I went with float to find the current value. Well, I found an exact match but the value doesn't change in-game when I modify it.

I've also done multiple pointer scans on that address and 100% of the time I will get no results on the second scan.

What am I doing wrong here? I apologize beforehand since I only just learned about pointer scans a few minutes ago and my knowledge of cheat engine is not very advanced.

Edit: Tried just one more time and now I'm stuck with 469 addresses in the pointer scan. What do I do with it?
Rydian
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the initial address you found doesn't actually change the stuff in-game, then doing anything based on that address is a waste of time because that's not the address for the actual in-game value.

Try doing an unknown initial scan in 4-byte first, and doing increased/decreased/changed/unchanged to filter it down to try to find the actual value.

How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rydian wrote:
If the initial address you found doesn't actually change the stuff in-game, then doing anything based on that address is a waste of time because that's not the address for the actual in-game value.

Try doing an unknown initial scan in 4-byte first, and doing increased/decreased/changed/unchanged to filter it down to try to find the actual value.

Ok so it found a single value at 4-byte scan. The value is 1094147113.
That's quite a different number from the 11.46/30 I have for my carry weight. I tried to freeze it, and the value in cheat engine doesn't change, but in-game the carry weight still changes. I'm guessing it's still the wrong one.
Zanzer
I post too much

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?p=5578758#5578758
kronikwookie
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Zanzer thank you so much for updating the table. I've been using it even though only the No Thirst used to work. Now they're all working so that's really awesome. I love you man.

Edit: Looks like something's wrong with the Encumbrance one. It removes the over-encumbered icon, but I'm still under the effects of being over the carry limit. I can't run and I don't want to get too heavy since I don't know what happens if I do. Don't wanna lose this character haha.
Zanzer
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated No Weight. Let me know if that one works any better.
christhemad
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you repost it as that entire thing has been deleted as has most of the post for this game for some reason
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: