Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help for Patrician 3 Please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Denasu
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:27 pm    Post subject: Help for Patrician 3 Please Reply with quote

( I wasn't able to load any kind of image, without it it will be very hard to comprehend this Sad it says: You can't post urls yet... why god why?)
Ok good day everybody!

I've been trying to hack this game lately, i'm gonna post what i've done but i'm going to request some help. Thanks.

I have the spanish version of the game.

1) Goods.

Let's say i want to have 250.000 ladrillos (Bricks) There's 70 for sale, i buy 50 of them.

I just proceed to find a unknown value on CE, finding exact values never worked for me.

Naturally, this gets me millions of results.

I just start decreasing the value, selling my 50 bricks to the city in batches on 10. I just do it that way, seems to work for me the best, you don't have to do it exactly like me, but if you want... Currently i have 30

I have 200k results now and keep decreasing as long as i keep buying bricks (then looking for increased values) and selling bricks (then looking for decreased values)

Finally, i've come across 93 results and the quest is almost done.

At this point, i start browsing for related values and then i find my 50 bricks right here:

As you can see, i've highlighted this 100k value in the list. This is the value who "rules" the 50 values in the list. Changing those never worked for me, but now with this "master value" i can hack the game as i wanted. At this point, i have 50 bricks in the office, if i sell 25 of them, the 100k value will decrease by 50%:

By selling the items, the value has changed just in the proportion indicated. (The value reduced from 100k to 50k)

Ok, i'll change the ammout of bricks in the office from 25 to 250k, all i have to do is to mutiply the current value (50k) by 10000

By doing this, the values in the list (the 50 ones) will change.

I check into the game and found this

I have 250k bricks now to build the world up Very Happy

By using this method, i've tried to change the values in the ships too.
However, failure haunts me Sad

This is the case:
I've got this cog, Denasu, and want to increase it's cargo capacity:

All the ships are built at level 1, level 2 and 3 are available to upgrade. I keep changing between lvl 2 and lvl 3

and looking for decreased / increased values in CE until i came across this values:

There's no what i call a "master value" for this one, so i'll have to find what writes...

And then, replace with NOP all of these values.

Then, i change the original value for 50k

As you can see, the new value shows in the upgrade window (note the amount of cash i was carrying in the moment)

And then when i order the ship upgrade:

You can see, the value i've just changed has taken a effect in the game (not the expected really, because i didn't paid 50k for the upgrade or the average 6k but more than 7m!) however i don't care, there's plenty of coins with CE Cool and besides it proves the hacking worked somehow...

However, this is when failure happens: When i try changing other values (cargo, the one i want so badly) i can do all the process and change the address's value (from 290 barrels to anything i want, let's say, 2500) it actually shows in the upgrade window, but when apply the upgrade... the values haven't changed at all, i've paid 7m for the upgrade but didn't get 1 barrel more on cargo capacity, it's always the same 290...

This when i need help, please, someone who reads all this, please help me, what am i doing wrong?
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I followed along that well, but you changing a value in CE and the value in the game not updating is usually indicative of that value you found being only visual. If this is a multiplayer game, then it's probably server sided, and you should give up.

If it's not a multiplayer game, then you could try searching for other data types (or the all-encompassing unknown initial value, all value types scan).

If that doesn't work, then those instructions you replaced with NOP were probably more important than you think. Try right clicking on those instructions and find out what addresses those instructions access. Play around in the game a bit, and if anything else besides that one address comes up, you probably shouldn't NOP those instructions.

atom0s

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not a tutorial, moved. (Please be mindful of where you create topics in the future!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: