Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CPU usage around 90%

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lega
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:54 pm    Post subject: CPU usage around 90% Reply with quote

Hey guys,so I didn't sleep well cause of trying to fix this for like 5 days or so..CPU usage is almost always around 90,mainly on svchost.exe,but when i open other aplication or whatever,folder or something,CPU usage jumps on that process,freshly installed few different OS,changed CPU,RAM memory,Graphic card,even scaned for viruses and malwares on freshly installed OS..nothing helped,also tried to do different things with drivers like downgrading them etc. that didn't help either :/ ,so my last guess that the problem is caused by motherboard..ATM I don't have any screenshots because im on my laptop..Any suggestions what i could do?Did anyone had this problem? Thanks for helping and reading this post in advence!
atom0s

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some questions regarding your situation:

1. Do you do anything after reformatting other then start the system and see 90% CPU? Do you install anything prior to that happening? (Anything, be it something as small as Notepad or something major like a driver.)

2. What operating system(s) does this happen on that you have tried with the system.

3. Have you done any over-clocking to the CPU, MB, RAM or GPU?

Lega
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

atom0s wrote:
Some questions regarding your situation:

1. Do you do anything after reformatting other then start the system and see 90% CPU? Do you install anything prior to that happening? (Anything, be it something as small as Notepad or something major like a driver.)

2. What operating system(s) does this happen on that you have tried with the system.

3. Have you done any over-clocking to the CPU, MB, RAM or GPU?

1.No,i just open task manager to see if it is still high CPU,I didn't install anything.

2.Windows XP,7,8,8.1

3.No I didn't
atom0s

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are your install disks legit? Or are they pirated copies of Windows? If they are pirated could be bad images / infected images.

If not, then I would start guessing hardware problems. Check your bios and if need be, try resetting everything to factory defaults.

If you built the PC yourself, I would recommend reviewing the parts (memory, CPU and such) and ensure that the clock rates and such are all proper for whats being used together. Ensure that the RAM is clocked correctly for the motherboard and CPU and so on.

After that, I would start suggesting that you swap parts out and see if you can resolve the issue with a different part to see if something is faulty / failing.

You can also try to get a more advanced process list tool like procexp from System Utilities here:
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx

This could help you find the specific process spiking up to 90% as well as finding what internal services run through that process since you said it was an svchost process. From there you could start disabling some of the services inside of that host and see if you can pin-point which service is causing the trouble.

Lega
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said,it cannot be the problem with OS because I used more of them,and it cannot be the CPU,GPU,RAM,HDD(anything inside of PC,except motherboard)because i changed everything,BIOS isn't because I restarted it like 3-4 times(I did it now too),also its not about processes as I said,when PC is standing still or when I'm moving cursor,CPU usage is on svchost.exe,but when i open for example WMP,CPU usage jumps from svchost.exe,to WMP process,same goes if I open Internet Explorer,My documents,notepad etc.
Is there anything else what could cause the problem,or motherboard is a goner? Thanks for trying to help with my problem Atom!

Edit: Also used different programs to see what could cause the problem in svchost.exe(what process inside that process could do this),couldn't find anything..

And also,most of the times when I don't touch anything(cursor,keyboard..)It's around 0-10%(10% is still high for PC when nothing is happening) CPU usage,when I move cursor its around 40-60%,anything else like opening something,being in some application is from 75-100%,so it isn't constantly 90%,but for the most of the time while I'm on PC it's around 90%!
SF
I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lega wrote:
As I said,it cannot be the problem with OS because I used more of them,and it cannot be the CPU,GPU,RAM,HDD(anything inside of PC,except motherboard)because i changed everything,BIOS isn't because I restarted it like 3-4 times(I did it now too),also its not about processes as I said,when PC is standing still or when I'm moving cursor,CPU usage is on svchost.exe,but when i open for example WMP,CPU usage jumps from svchost.exe,to WMP process,same goes if I open Internet Explorer,My documents,notepad etc.
Is there anything else what could cause the problem,or motherboard is a goner? Thanks for trying to help with my problem Atom!

Edit: Also used different programs to see what could cause the problem in svchost.exe(what process inside that process could do this),couldn't find anything..

And also,most of the times when I don't touch anything(cursor,keyboard..)It's around 0-10%(10% is still high for PC when nothing is happening) CPU usage,when I move cursor its around 40-60%,anything else like opening something,being in some application is from 75-100%,so it isn't constantly 90%,but for the most of the time while I'm on PC it's around 90%!

have you maybe looked for updates for the hardware? bios/cpu/motherboard. my pc has them all and some are stability updates.

How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did for motherboard and CPU,I didn't for BIOS..
mdthr
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had this shit too. all the time. i hated it.
are you torrenting?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: