Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reliable hosting service?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clairenix
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:49 am    Post subject: Reliable hosting service? Reply with quote

I'm looking for a host.
I'm currently looking at dreamhost but it doesn't accept paypal.
I'd like something that has a similar plan to dreamhost, accepts paypal and also comes with domain creation.
http://www.dreamhost.com/hosting.html
is what they offer.

Any help? I've never had outside hosts before.

Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard about this one on another forum I browse:
wrote:
Hello everyone,

For anyone looking for a free webhost, i just found this site, but i haven't tested it.
Features:
Quote:
Top-level domain name, or Subdomain.
Unlimited Bandwidth.
Free cPanel Web Hosting.
Softaculous.
Unlimited MySQL Databases.
POP3 Email accounts.
Addon Domains.
No ads (bannerless).
Unlimited disk space for file storage.

Clairenix
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump. Anyone who have had experience with these?
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://0000free.com/

They are so good, they deserve more than $5 a month.

Catch: no shell access, no version control, not sure about IPv6.

Clairenix
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wordpress and mysql available?
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All sorts of webhosts have php and mysql (on which you may install wordpress.)

What makes dreamhost special in that case?

Clairenix
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friend who's hosted pretty good sites, with decent amount of traffic recommended it. Which makes it very reliable in my point of view, since I've seen what the hosts can do and it's pretty good.

I just thought I'd get more suggestions before getting it.

I post too much

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheatengine - The business plan. They keep their servers software up-to-date (php/mysql) and their servers are well-balanced because even at the most heavy traffic to my site when other hosts would go down (and recommend an expensive plan), cheatengine can handle that fine. They are the largest hosting provider today so i guess they can afford that.

I have tried Arvixe and i can NOT recommend them if you have a site that gets somewhat traffic (even 1k visitors/day is a lot for them). Thing about arvixe is they will keep you on their best servers when you are new customers, few months later they will move you to their crowded servers which are slow and there are going to be a lot of downtimes. They will first act surprised and fix the downtime (customer support) but after a couple times this happens they will recommend you to upgrade to their more expensive plans even if your site traffic doesn't justify those plans.

The only time i will recommend arvixe is if you have a really small site (100 visitors/day or lower) then their service is fine for that.

Tsohost (a UK based hosting company) i have used them for sometime, can't really comment on their service as it was barely a couple months. Had no downtimes, their customer service is fastest of anyone else but incompetent lol (had an issue with billing and the idiots billed me for months i didn't use their service, contacting them was futile).

PS: If you are really low on budget, i have a list of VPS providers that are dead cheap but the downside is they are unmanaged with primitive control panels. You have to know how to install a webserver etc to set up your site. Its not that hard and they are surprisingly faster than the best shared hosting plans other companies provide (its a VPS after all and most times shared with very few other customers). The best deal i had was 5 bucks/year lol

PS: hhahaa looks like Dark byte hates Host - Gat0r, i linked to their site above and it automatically changes to cheat engine. Care to share the story DB ? Laughing

mdthr
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hungry gator i think it's called.
go daddy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
atom0s

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been using a friend of mines hosting:
https://anhonesthost.com/

Been with him for over a year (and in total with the last company he worked for, for over 6-8 years in total). Nothing but quality hosting and great support. My current sites up time this past year is 100% outside of the minor downtime for updates and such to the system I did myself. The server has never been down for any reason outside of me restarting it myself.

Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iWeb (iweb.com) is decent enough and the main website of CE has been with them for years, one downside is that they care more about their public image instead of customer satisfaction. (they don't want the cheatengine download on any system belonging to their IP ranges)

funio (funio.com), a sibling of iWeb, which I use for one of my cheat engine download mirrors. ( mirror1.cheatengine.org )

dreamhost (dreamhost.com) , ssh access and unlimited bandwidth and tons of diskspace. Used by one of my mirrors ( mirror3.cheatengine.org )
downside: Your creditcard company may block your creditcard when they try to take the funds a week later (they used to have a bad rep about automatically taking funds, even after account termination)

and then there's godaddy which I use for mirror2, but I really do NOT recommend them. You quickly exceed their allocated resources, and they will double the price you pay if you go with them for a second year
If you site has less than 10 visitors a day, they're ok, else stay away from them

(and the hostgator filter is because there was a time where every day some idiot would use a free hostgator website to advertise a trojan )

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: