Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DBVM & AMD FX-8350 Compatibility

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions -> Guests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USayPlz4ShortOfPlease

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:16 pm    Post subject: DBVM & AMD FX-8350 Compatibility Reply with quote

Hi Darkbyte (And other mods),

Is there any way I can make DBVM compatible with my AMD FX-8350? I would really like Cheat Engine if I could use it's Kernel debugger. When I attempt to use DBVM, it freezes (Because of Avast) so after I uninstall avast, I get the BSoD saying something about a cpu timeout. Is there any way I could fix this? Just on the back of my head, I remember something about using an external memory device such as an SD card to create a dump file so you could see what's happening. If a dump file would be what's necessary to fix this, how would I create the dump file? (YouTube video link would be easiest to reply).

Thanks,
USayPlz4ShortOfPlease Smile
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dump files do not help with cpu timeout errors
Your best bet is to launch dbvm when absolutely nothing else is running. No games, no browsers, no anti virus, no firewall, especially no other virtual machines
Perhaps doing a clean install of windows will work

There's right now not much to debug these crashes on if your system doesn't have a serial port
You could raw write the vmdisk.img to an usb disk and boot of that, but since AMD doesn't implement wait-for-sipi like intel, only the boot cpu will run in dbvm.
It may give some info, or boot up, but will be useless as dbk64 will assume all cores are running dbvm, so does things it shouldn't do then

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
USayPlz4ShortOfPlease

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
Dump files do not help with cpu timeout errors
Your best bet is to launch dbvm when absolutely nothing else is running. No games, no browsers, no anti virus, no firewall, especially no other virtual machines
Perhaps doing a clean install of windows will work

There's right now not much to debug these crashes on if your system doesn't have a serial port
You could raw write the vmdisk.img to an usb disk and boot of that, but since AMD doesn't implement wait-for-sipi like intel, only the boot cpu will run in dbvm.
It may give some info, or boot up, but will be useless as dbk64 will assume all cores are running dbvm, so does things it shouldn't do then

So in all, there is nothing I can do with this computer? I'm not exactly the expert with these things. I'm good with building computers not navigating the guts.
USayPlzForShortOfPlease

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:53 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Have there been any improvements regarding DBVM? Is there anything that may improve DBVM that has yet to come?
KingKeith55_Guest

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go into your windows settings or something, Im not sure how to find it anymore. Anyways, from there set your max processor threads or whatever to 4. Anything higher causes DVBM To crash.
KingKeith55_Guest

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and also it might BSOD after you do this. Just reboot and run DVBM again and it should work fine without a BSOD.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions -> Guests All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum