Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Advice for selected target

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akikyo
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:00 pm    Post subject: Advice for selected target Reply with quote

Any advice how to find pointer for selected target? Looks like this is more advanced then XYZ coordinates.

Basic method is not sufficent, also structures doesnt have any information about selected target.

Got own script written in asm to inject memory to intercept for what is he pointing.

mov eax,[ecx+00000170] - got ecx value from inject (mov [target],ecx). Offset 170 is offset for health selected mob. Got this from health address mob and that what access it.

Yeah, its works but similar to XYZ, it sometimes itself change address (change address to another mob around, so basically pointing to selected target and then jump to another and again back to selected) At least I could invoke dll with asm script and then use in C# - could if that wouldnt jump around. To much work for something that what not works properly. Thats why looking for luckless pointer.

So basic method, data structures, memory inject doesnt look promising.

Checked values (0,1), what accesses selected target, compared structers of my pointer(that gives me e.g. health, mana, coordiantes...) and ecx-170. Simply nothing. Dont know what should I hook to find it.

Regards
Zanzer
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you may be hooking into the code for tooltips and it changes when you mouseover another unit.

Did other instructions pop up when you selected the unit that you could try?

Have you tried going directly to the address at ECX and finding out what accesses that?
Akikyo
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing that I was able to find is Targets coordinate (max distance 50m, greater then 50 its going to stop counting - but doesnt matter its bad luck, its independent pointer)

Yeah I tried to go deeper and deeper and deeper ECX address - just none green address.

Is way here to find pointer of targets HP? According to this information on screenshot? That what comes to me is similar base addresses of my character and other one.

target.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  82.45 KB
 Viewed:  5696 Time(s)

target.png

Akikyo
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time I tried looking for 1, 0 bytes if target is selected or no.

I found correct address. Looking manual for pointer was hardcore, therefore I tried with scanning method and after 3rd restart it gave me 150 pointers, at least 4 or 5 offsets, dont remember.

Yeah that was nice for 10 mins. Then pointer get freezing (changed address) I was forced to run around, change target for some time while previous address worked flawless.

Restarted few times game to see if that is real pointer. Again it was for some time.

Next day pointer doesnt work anymore.

Max lvl was 5 with 4 threads.

Rolling Eyes
Zanzer
I post too much

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What game are we talking about?
Akikyo
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rohan online - someone would say its illegal, yeah it is but im doing this for private server which is illegal Wink The offical game have already bot named hunter kit, unfortunately private one not implemented.
Zanzer
I post too much

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was hoping it would be a game I had so I could dig through the code. Smile
Akikyo
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much popular Wink Weird its old game from 2005 and IDA doesnt show usefull informations, only few functions lol. Also blocked by Themida. Only Cheat engine works Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: