Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reverse Engineering - Trying to get Invisibility hack, help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ballisitc
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:50 am    Post subject: Reverse Engineering - Trying to get Invisibility hack, help Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

So currently I'm stuck because I think this is beyond my understanding. I'm trying to achieve invisibility mode to always stay when sprinting.

In this game, in order to activate invisibility mode on I have to sprint and it lasts for 3 seconds then off. Apparently I cannot find the timer, I wish I could because it would be a lot easier, but apparently the dynamic address that I found works just as good. The value decreases whenever I turn invis and then increases back to original when not invis, that's when I freeze the value when NOT invis, I stay invis completely when I start sprinting until I stop sprinting, I turn back to normal. I click "what writes to this address" and it points me to the address "27DEF0CF - 89 46 58" whenever invisibility is activated. I immediately NOP the address, but then I realize I couldn't turn invisible anymore. I looked back and realize the address is also wrote to when the the invisibility is turned off. I tried NOP'ing other addresses but no avail. I either don't turn invisible or the game crashes. I realize I need to do some AA or reverse engineering to make this work, which I have very little knowledge.

I click "select current function" and it highlighted the details for you guys to see.

NOTE - Not sure if I could name the name of the game since it is a Multiplayer game....

Cheat Engine Invisibility Funtion.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  63.33 KB
 Viewed:  5943 Time(s)

Cheat Engine Invisibility Funtion.png

Krampus
Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's in the EAX register when invisibility is on, then when it's off? You could probably make a simple AA script that moves the value for invisible into the register, unless it's some sort of timer in which case you may have to go and reverse a little bit further.
Ballisitc
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The EAX is 0. When turning invis and going off of invis, both procs the same address.

cheat engine writes to one address.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  10.36 KB
 Viewed:  5890 Time(s)

cheat engine writes to one address.png

cheat engine what writes.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  13.18 KB
 Viewed:  5898 Time(s)

cheat engine what writes.png

Lithium.
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it's moving the value of what "invisible" would be. I bet it would be something like Invisible =1 and Normal = 0. Have you tried NOP'ing the instruction to see what happens? If you have, and the effects were what you wanted then try this below.

Replace mov [esi+58],eax with: mov [esi+58],1

See how that works out.

EDIT: Another thing that might work...

mov eax,1
mov [esi+58],eax
SteveAndrew
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'm with Lithium on this one, I bet eax did actually contain a nonzero value for when you become invisible. You likely just didn't catch it when that happened. The find what accesses 'more info' only shows you the info from the first execution / first count it debugged.

I say this because the "test eax,eax" looks important. You could try flipping/reversing the conditional jump or nopping it like so:

Code:

[enable]

27def0d6:
db 75 //jne +0c

[disable]

27def0d6:
db 74 //je +0c

or
Code:

[enable]

27def0d6:
db 90 90 //nop nop

[disable]

27def0d6:
db 74 0c//je +0c

If I had to guess I would say the code at: 27def0d8 is the code that's responsible for turning you invisible. So when eax is zero that code is skipped. It's worth a try! Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: