Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ceserver for android?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Source
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jgoemat
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:59 am    Post subject: ceserver for android? Reply with quote

I've tried to use the server on android but can't get CE to work right. I can get it running on my device, but when I go to Open Process->Network it doesn't show up. When I enter the phone's IP address from the wifi settings it hangs with that window open. If I use 'adb forward tcp:52736 tcp:52736' and use 127.0.0.1 as the IP that window closes, but CE hangs on the open process window.

I have the source but don't know how to compile it. It looks like an eclipse project, right? I've been able to compile a test Hello World app using the NDK by creating a new directory under samples and run it on my phone through an ADB shell, but I get an error that "sys/eventfd.h" is missing when I use the ceserver files:

Code:
C:\Apps\androidsdk\ndk\samples\ceserver>ndk-build
[armeabi] Compile thumb  : ceserver <= ceserver.c
jni/ceserver.c: In function 'newconnection':
jni/ceserver.c:244:50: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size [-Wint-to-pointer-cast]
jni/ceserver.c:376:14: warning: format '%ld' expects argument of type 'long int', but argument 3 has type 'unsigned int'
 [-Wformat]
jni/ceserver.c: In function 'IdentifierThread':
jni/ceserver.c:580:9: warning: format '%ld' expects argument of type 'long int', but argument 2 has type 'unsigned int'
[-Wformat]
[armeabi] Compile thumb  : ceserver <= api.c
jni/api.c:43:25: fatal error: sys/eventfd.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make.exe: *** [obj/local/armeabi/objs/ceserver/api.o] Error 1

Any help would be appreciated... It would be easier to use eclipse but I can't figure out how to compile a simple C++ app with it...

***** EDIT *****

I was able to get ndk-build to work in the ndk samples directory by commenting out that header file. The new version from source control worked too with the port forwarding, the hang must have been caused by a difference in the versions from the binary one I found a link to in the forums. I would still like to know how to set up eclipse to build it though Smile
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the ndk to setup a standalone build environment for android-9 (it comes with a shell script that does that) and then in eclipse set the path to where it generated it, and then eclipse should be able to build it (i assume you have the cdt plugin for eclipse installed which adds a c/c++ view)

Not sure which version you used, but http://cheatengine.org/temp/ceserverbin.zip should have worked with the current 6.4 beta and svn

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
chinhan1991
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:45 am    Post subject: ceserver for Android x86 Reply with quote

Hi Dark Byte,

Could you also compile a binary of ceserver for Android x86. I want to use it with an Android Emulator called Genymotion.

Thank you,

Nann
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a build environment setup for x86 right now

Also, some features ceserver makes use of don't work properly on all emulators

Rise
Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:19 am    Post subject: Re: ceserver for Android x86 Reply with quote

chinhan1991 wrote:
Hi Dark Byte,

Could you also compile a binary of ceserver for Android x86. I want to use it with an Android Emulator called Genymotion.

Thank you,

Nann

I second this. Can someone please compile and share the x86 binary mentioned by chinhan1991? I'm running into a few problems (emulator --> andyroid) myself that would likely get solved with the aforementioned binary.

Thanks in advance.
Greyman
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is already posted in another thread, but you can find an x86 android version that I compiled here: http://greyman.org/ceserver.zip

Only basic memory scanning and monitoring works, it would require significant work to get the more advanced functions up and running. Trying to execute them is ill-advised, you're likely to crash the process at the very least.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup, extensionloader.c needs a branch for x86 (32 bit) so it can call dlopen as well. 32-bit ARM and x86_64 are implemented, but not regular x86(i havn't looked into what calling convention is used for that)

riboild
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:58 pm    Post subject: Works on Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Reply with quote

I just used grey's compiled version for x86, and can confirm that it works just fine on my Galaxy Tab 3. I practiced on a few games and it took a while to scan but in the end it worked. I had to use Darkbytes recommendation to change the buffer to 4k and it worked better without crashing process or CE.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Source All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: