Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hints request for a true/false switch trainer for IJET game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guido89
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:01 pm    Post subject: hints request for a true/false switch trainer for IJET game Reply with quote

Hello everyone,
I am experiencing several failures in creating what I thought it was a simple trainer for Indiana Jones and The Emperor's Tomb PC game.

My aim is to make a trainer that allows me to freely change true/false values assigned to some variables stored in an external cfg file that get loaded when game starts. This file lists "examplevar1=false", "examplevar2=false", "examplevar3=false" and other more variables; my aim is to press F1 to switch value of "examplevar1" to true and F2 to switch it back to false and repeat this as many times as I need when I play game (and the same concept applies for examplevar2 with F3-F4 keys and examplevar3 with F5-F6 keys and so on...).

After I started game with all three examplevars set to "false", I tried to apply what I learnt from tutorials so:
1) I performed a scan for "false" string value type and CE returned all false values (about 50 entries);
2) then I added all this stuff to the address list and then I changed each one to "true" in order to start narrowing down all the values whose change did not produce expected effect and consequently to find the correct one.

Unfortunately, after I set all variables to "true", I realized no one of those nearly 50 variables could produce expected effect. I don't understand what I am doing wrong and I would like to receive some useful tips from those who might be kindly willing to help me.

Thank you all for reading.

FURTHER INFO: I forgot to mention that these three examplevars are automatically deleted from cfg file when I restart level so, in order to "enable" them again, I must quit game, manually write those variables in cfg file and run application. On the other hand, those variables produce real effects when enabled (and I can experience their effects in game) so I am sure they are valid variables recognized by the game. Locking cfg file with the "read-only" flag to prevent automatic deletion of those variables is not much useful to me because it also prevents game from changing true value to false and viceversa.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: