Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

req info on how look for values for extra char in games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Solstar
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:16 am    Post subject: req info on how look for values for extra char in games Reply with quote

hello all.i recently got into cheat engine to look for values for unlocking\use extra character in fighting games ,both bosses,unlockable and unusable ones.i searched the internet for various tutorials but i only found tutorials for energy\money etc.only one,explaining how to unlock characters for castle crashers,helped me somewhat,and it worked on some games.the infamous "cursor training" mode.it worked for some games,it didn't worked for other,though,so i wanted to know if there's a method that lets me find values more easily in games such as mortal kombat 9 or matrimelee matsuri for taito type ex,where the character select screen is not a horizontal "strip",and the values fo character 1,2 etc are basically impossible to find.any help?
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you see and select the box with the locked character?

If so, sometimes, simply searching a boolean will work (unlocked/selectable vs. locked etc.).

A more advanced approach for arduous targets would be to use the ultimap feature.
Solstar
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no i can't see them and that's the problem.when i see them,i already know the value is near,and i managed to do that in some games such as the rumble fish etc,by using this system:going to the second char next to the first one and search for 1,then go to the next one and look for 2,then for 3 and usually at this point i either have the value or i don't have it. can you please tell me how to use those two methods?

this is a video i made using virtua fighter 2as example.i use this method and 90% of the times it works.i already knew that the final boss values was 10,because the normal characters are 9,so i skipped right to it.when i don't know that,i just try all the values from 1 until i get there.i used artmoney for this video but the results and procedure are the same on cheat engine as well

youtube. com /watch?v=iPI8yQJEXqM&list=UUyeywarqTn0oMqOt5L4GxKg

this other video instead show what i'm talkign about,that i'm struggling to understand how the character order is.in cheat engine i use the same procedure,but as you can see after the second value,everything disappears,as i can't understand who's suppsoed to be character 1,2 etc,since there are characters in multiple directions.i try to added all of the values found at the second attempt,but none of them is the one for modifying the characters

youtube. com /watch?v=nAJf5RiCEm4&list=UUyeywarqTn0oMqOt5L4GxKg

Last edited by Solstar on Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can't see or navigate to the hidden-character selection box, then you're either going to have to unlock the character and use a save-game editor to compare old/new save-game files (or) spend a lot of time changing random values like a shot in the dark using trial and error. You may be able to use the approach that you mention, by finding a 'character selection value', but I doubt it will be that simple.
Solstar
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i added two videos for the methods i used,the succesful one and the failing one on my previous post,have a look..i can't unlock them because for some characters\games there's no unlock code,and being that they are arcade games,there's no save game either(unless you count save states but i doubt).could you describe those boolean methods you stated before?
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solstar wrote:
(unless you count save states but i doubt)
-Is the game being emulated?

Solstar wrote:
could you describe those boolean methods you stated before?
-Boolean is just 1/0 true/false. But...that won't do much good if the selection box is not visible and you can not navigate to it.

So, to clarify, the characters are unlockable/playable?

Are any of the other characters unlockable, or are they all available/playable from the beginning?
Solstar
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For virtłA fighter 2 i dont think there's a war To unlock it. For matrimelee matsuri you can unlock The first row of character by enabking The in The operator menu. All but The final boss which is The one i want To play As. Someone here on The forum made a trainer for it base on cheat engine, wich Enables you To play As The final boss. It works fine but i wanted To know The values anyway so i can discover more about which method He used. Yes they are both emulAted
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you ask the author of the trainer?
Solstar
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i did ask for the cheat tables(as other people did)but no reply.here's topic and the user

cheatengine . org/viewtopic.php?p=5259437&sid=0af1dc40db24ae16b1e45a1f0f63b699

i tried to send hi ma pm but i get "
Sorry, but you have not been deemed worthy enough to pm yet. To become worthy, you must show you are able to follow the rules and post useful topics and make helpful replies to other people's questions. (If the other person has PM'ed you first, you may pm this person)"

-_-...seriously?
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to post more before you can initially PM someone.

There is not much more I can tell you about how to proceed without actually looking at the game myself.

However...

If the game is actually being emulated, like you say, and you can save/restore game states, then the solution is very simple...
Solstar
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i can use save states,so what is the solution? Smile
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Search for unknown initial value (all types). Save state, use the trainer to unlock the character, search for changed value. Search for unchanged value. Reload state. Search for changed value. Unlock same character again. Search for changed value. Search for unchanged value. etc. etc.

You should be able to narrow in on what values are being changed. From there, you may be able to see how that code was found in the first place by examining the nearby code etc..
Solstar
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thank you very much i'll try it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: