Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Finding pointer, what did I do wrong?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
InunoTaishou
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject: Finding pointer, what did I do wrong? Reply with quote

Trying to find the pointer for this game. It's supposed to something. Got the address, and the value matches. Did the "What writes to this address" and scanned for the "address is probably..."

Comes up with 1.5million pointers? all with the value of D0

Edit: Just wanted to add this is a server controlled variable but it updates and displays client side. I am not wanting to change or modify the variable, just use a program to read the value at the pointer.

pointer.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  249.59 KB
 Viewed:  3583 Time(s)

pointer.png

Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead of 1 byte do an 8byte hex value scan

Anyhow, since this is java this code will be useless for you as the code will most likely be that of java and not the game

What you could try is setup the launcher of java to load ce's jvmti agent and then try to find the object and field of the address you found and use ce's java debugger to find what writes that field

Note: there is also a command to make java jit everything even before it executes it 100 times, but i cant remember it right now. (Xcomp or something) that way debugging will work a bit better (pointers are still useless)

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
InunoTaishou
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
Instead of 1 byte do an 8byte hex value scan

Anyhow, since this is java this code will be useless for you as the code will most likely be that of java and not the game

What you could try is setup the launcher of java to load ce's jvmti agent and then try to find the object and field of the address you found and use ce's java debugger to find what writes that field

Note: there is also a command to make java jit everything even before it executes it 100 times, but i cant remember it right now. (Xcomp or something) that way debugging will work a bit better (pointers are still useless)

the 8byte scan didn't work

So how do I make the launcher load jvmti agent?

Hopefully this isn't an impossible mission, I'd rather read memory of the values than search for an image of the value.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: