Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help With Timer Pause

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Easternwind
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject: Help With Timer Pause Reply with quote

Hello All,

I am trying to pause the timer in a game called, "Farm for your life." The timer is associated with this mini-game that is essentially fruit ninja. I managed to find the timer value, but if I tamper with it (pause it at a set value/ change the value) all the veggies that fly around no longer spawn. If I restart the mini-game, the 3 second countdown that happens before the game actually starts gets stuck at 3.

Clearly, the timer influences a number of things, and I can use cheat engine to see what is accessing it, but I have no idea what I need to do with this info. I If someone could point me in a general direction that would be great.
Redouane
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Help With Timer Pause Reply with quote

Easternwind wrote:
Hello All,

I am trying to pause the timer in a game called, "Farm for your life." The timer is associated with this mini-game that is essentially fruit ninja. I managed to find the timer value, but if I tamper with it (pause it at a set value/ change the value) all the veggies that fly around no longer spawn. If I restart the mini-game, the 3 second countdown that happens before the game actually starts gets stuck at 3.

Clearly, the timer influences a number of things, and I can use cheat engine to see what is accessing it, but I have no idea what I need to do with this info. I If someone could point me in a general direction that would be great.

Use the 'Dissect data/structures' to find a difference between the structure that contains your timer and the other ones,if you can provide other informations about the code that accesses a bunch of stuff,I can help you.
Easternwind
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info about dissecting data. I did figure something out... essentially the vegetables don't actually stop spawning. They start spawning again once the timer reaches where it was before I adjusted the timer.

As for additional info, please pardon my ignorance, but what kind of additional information are you looking for? The values themselves, etc?
Rissorr
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im making a script Very Happy will post it in some minutes...

EDIT:
here is it, how i said:

- Money
- Lasso MG:
--- Money
--- Timer (in progress, im having some troubles with float & double stuff)

Planned:
- Main Timer hack
- more Very Happy

engine.CT
 Description:
My Farm Life - Multihack v1.01

Download
 Filename:  engine.CT
 Filesize:  131.08 KB
 Downloaded:  536 Time(s)

Easternwind
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LemonMan wrote:
Im making a script Very Happy will post it in some minutes...

EDIT:
here is it, how i said:

- Money
- Lasso MG:
--- Money
--- Timer (in progress, im having some troubles with float & double stuff)

Planned:
- Main Timer hack
- more Very Happy

Thanks LemonMan. I believe this is for a different game though? The timer is in a game called "Farm for your Life."
Rissorr
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it doesnt the game? DUH!
im sorry... XD my fail..

Fortunately for you, this game is small, i will make a table.. will post it in a hour. Very Happy

EDIT:

well.. that actually imposible - that float value of the timer is used by the program for many things, like counting down, spawning items, animating things and more.
so its actually will stop everything if you stop the timer.

But you can hack the stars! Wink
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LemonMan wrote:
it doesnt the game? DUH!
im sorry... XD my fail..

Fortunately for you, this game is small, i will make a table.. will post it in a hour. Very Happy

EDIT:

well.. that actually imposible - that float value of the timer is used by the program for many things, like counting down, spawning items, animating things and more.
so its actually will stop everything if you stop the timer.

But you can hack the stars! Wink

Why not find out an identifier/comparator so you know its accessing your desired address and modify that then when its accessing other things, leave it be.

Should be a little hard and time-consuming but with dissect data and a little debugging i am sure it can be done. Or even a pointer scan.

Rissorr
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm.. @STN good idea... but im sorry, i will do it later Rolling Eyes i have many other things to do.
Easternwind
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, now we are waaaay over my head! But I appreciate all the help, and ideas. I will definitely look into hacking the stars since that is really the goal of this whole thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: