Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to Support DBVM if it Crashes You

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Did this work for you? (Must have 8 or 6 Core CPU)
Yes
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I can't properly complete the tutorial (Meaning can't find virtualization in BIOs, don't have 8 or 6 cores, etc.)
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3

xPorkchops007x
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject: How to Support DBVM if it Crashes You Reply with quote

Ever freeze your computer or get the Blue Screen of Death when you try to run DBVM? It may be because you have 8 cores in your CPU. I have an AMD FX-8350 which is 8 cores @4Ghz (overclocked to 4.3) and I have virtualization enabled in my BIOS yet DBVM still crashes me. I found out that lowering your cores in your CPU fixes it. This may work with 6 core CPUs, I'm not sure though.

1) Make sure you have virtualization enabled in your BIOs. It's different for a lot of people so I can't help much there. Good luck finding it, it will probably be somewhere in the CPU section.

2) Do Windows + R

3) Type in msconfig and click enter

4) Go to Boot tab

5) Select your current operating system

6) Click Advanced Options

7) Check Number of Processors and make that 4 (2 Works as well)

8) Click Ok and Apply and restart your computer

9) Now open up Cheat Engine 6.4

10) Go to Help > About

11) If it says that you can run DBVM, then click the text and click Ok. You shouldn't crash now if this was your problem. I found that quite a few people had this problem with 8 cores and this solution worked for them.

12) If this wasn't your problem, and DBVM crashed your computer or doesn't say you can run it, then, just change the number of cores in your CPU back to what it actually is and go on with your day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: