Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stealth Edit Failure With autoAssemble(string)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mettaursp
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Stealth Edit Failure With autoAssemble(string) Reply with quote

I just made my first full Lua script for Cheat Engine to use on the game Roblox, specifically the RobloxPlayer.exe file, and I was able to make most of the script work, but when I use steathedit with the autoAssemble(string) function, I get an error popup window stating "Module not found" followed up by "STEALTHEDIT INIT FAILURE". I use Cheat Engine 6.3 x64 and the x64 version of the Stealth Edit plugin. I would prefer not to post the full script in case I do end up getting it working, but I can post bits of it. Here is the ASM script that gets assembled by autoAssemble:
Code:

stealthedit(newmem,%s,2048)
label(returnhere)

newmem:
mov [esp+18], %s
mov [esp+1C], %s
sub esp,14
push esi
push edi
jmp returnhere

returnhere:

And sending the string representing it through string.format, the arguments are (in this order): string address representing the result from "string.format("%x", allocateSharedMemory("newscript", 2559))", 2559 (number), and 0088F670 (string). How can I fix the problem resulting in the error displayed by the popup windows?
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stealthedit can only be used on a module address

self allocated memory should not even be stealthedited to begin with as there's certainly no integrity check on your own code

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
mettaursp
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, looking back at the script, I see that I messed up on the ordering of the arguments in the script, if I were to re-order them, would it possibly work? Like instead of arg1, arg2, and arg3 being the order, would arg3, arg2, arg1 work? In my confusion over the usage of ASM for my purpose, the arguments weren't put in the proper order that I originally wanted them to be in.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if 0088F670 is a module address then it might work yes (so reverse order)

mettaursp
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It worked without resulting in any errors on CE's side, but my Roblox client crashed. Back to the drawing board I guess.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first get the aa script to work, only then try to get lua scripts to work.

tip:
Do a showMessage(string.format(....)) to see what you are going to auto assemble and compare with what you expect

mettaursp
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The aa script works when run after the level has completely loaded, but the client disconnects because of a built in hash checker. The hash checker cross-references hashes that can be retrieved by script:GetHash() in the game's built in Lua engine with the script hashes being stored as strings and visit.exe (for use with Roblox Studio containing a command line and output), RobloxPlayer.exe, and RobloxPlayerBeta.exe have the hash checker stored at different addresses with different byte sequences that can represent it. I was hoping that the Stealth Edit plugin could help by forcing the run-time execution along a separate path leaving the initial hash intact, but the hash checker got around it. I can successfully nop the checker with Memory View and have various exploits that serve the same purpose and have them work on visit.exe, but on RobloxPlayer.exe and RobloxPlayerBeta.exe, the client just disconnects as soon as I nop it manually, while other users are running rampant with exploits that disable it and work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: