Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trying to make a Superjump and teleport script but no luck

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shadowpt
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Trying to make a Superjump and teleport script but no luck Reply with quote

I have found the coordinates and the respective pointers, changing their values allows me to move around to other places and these are working everytime I open the game again.

The problem is that so far I am changing their values 1 by 1, eventually I end up hitting a wall or falling outside the map so I am trying to find a simple way to just edit the 3 pointer values at the same time by using a lua script bound to a hotkey.

I am also trying to make a 2nd hotkey just for superjumps of X increments (for example if I press the hotkey it will increment the current Z value by 10m and so on) but like the previous attempt it failed, I have absolutely no knowledge on how to create something like this.

I have previously made a simple xml table that would change the opcodes directly on the memory by checking the code in cheat engine but what I am trying to do now is completely different from that.

Is there any way I can achieve this? A simple lua script to modify 3 different addresses with 3 different values at the same time and a hotkey that increments one value each time it is pressed.
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

You can set up a teleport cheat with simple assembly or with only hotkeys. Setting up a hotkey to increment values can be done in Cheat Engine...just right-click on the address, and select 'set/change hotkeys'. It's very easy.

If you don't know assembly, you can just create hotkeys for important teleport locations in the game. For example, go to some place in the game that you want to teleport to often. Take note of your x y & z values. For your x coordinate, let's say your value at this location is (float) 121, the value for your y coordinate is (float) 16.3 and your z coordinate is (float) 89.75. Now, just set up a hotkey (say, numpad 1, for example), that will load these values at these coordinates, when you press numpad 1. So, you will essentially be setting up 3 hotkeys, for three different addresses, that will all use numpad 1 for the hotkey. You can do the same thing for other important areas of the game...and assign as many teleport spots as you want.

If you know assembly or can learn it, you can do much, much more than a simple teleport-to cheat. Very Happy
shadowpt
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man that sounds so much easier than I first thought, I will try the hotkey later.

About assembly, I thought it was mainly to change opcodes into the memory (like eax, eci+[18] changed into eax, eci[A1]). I understand that it has way more than that but all that I am trying to achieve is a simple teleport and superjump which I thought it couldn't be done with assembly.
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have yet to find a cheat that I could not make with assembly, alone. Without it, I could not have made some of the cheats that I have made.
shadowpt
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hotkey suggestion was perfect, I am having a blast with it!

The only worry I have now is that the game is pending a update which will probably render the current pointers useless.

I don't want to take more of your time but do you know if there is some sort of way to grab the pointer's signature so I can easily search for them everytime the updates are released?

I will surely take a look at assembly with more time, sounds promising.
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finding pointers is really easy...especially with the pointer scanner feature. However, if you really wanted, I supposed you could look to see what writes to your base coordinate address (assuming they're all 4 bytes apart), and save off an AOB key for searching for the instruction later.
shadowpt
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have been using the pointer scanner to find the pointers, the problem is that sometimes it takes so long (almost 30 minutes for each scan level) and doing this for 6 pointers everytime the game updates is kinda slow.

What is that AOB key/base coordinate address? Better yet, how do I go do something like that?
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can make adjustments to the pointer scanner that will reduce the time, significantly. For some games, you can find a proper pointer by simply changing the max level to 1, 2 or 3 etc.

AOB is just scanning for hex code. You can right-click on the address in your cheat table and select 'find what writes...' - by doing so, you can find the instruction that actually writes the value of your address. Here, we can convert the assembly to hex and search for it (even use wildcards as unknown or potentially floating variables). By searching for a string of hex, we can find the instruction in future releases, assuming much doesn't change, regardless of the address of that instruction. So, if we can find the instruction that always writes to your important cheat address, we will never lose it. By learning assembly, you can write a script that will redirect this instruction and do whatever we want, and always have access to our special address, to manipulate it however we want. We don't even need pointers at that point.
shadowpt
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been reading a bit of assembly and now I understand that it is gonna take more than a light reading, this will have to be something that I will do with more time, during summer.

For now I will have to stick with the common task using hotkeys, which works pretty well so far.

Do you know if I can setup a global hotkey for cheatentries instead of just individual cheatentry?

I mean, what I am trying to attempt is make an empty group (cheatentries) that has a hotkey set for a specific value change and everytime I drag entries to that group they are all bound to the parent hotkey.

Hope I am not being too confusing about this, if needed I can post a screenshot showing what I am attempting to achieve.
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really understand what you're wanting to do...however...you can group any cheats you want under one parent or header entry, right click that entry and choose to have all sub-entries de-activated with parent entry and/or set the same value as the parent entry to all children entries. Additionally, you can assign a single hot key for multiple entries, regardless of their grouping, and regardless if they already have a hot key assigned to them, and regardless if all of the values that you want to set are different. So, essentially, you can set local or global hot keys, however you want. Very Happy
shadowpt
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, the header! I don't know how to thank you enough for this, hope I can rep you one more time from the same thread!

I really appreciate your time with me, you made it so simple and perfect!
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to help. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: