Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Updating CE Scripts (or Addresses)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cheat_Code
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Updating CE Scripts (or Addresses) Reply with quote

Updating CE Scripts (or addresses)
Updating CE (Cheat Engine) scripts is an easy task and if we were to use a tool that can automatically update them for us, the task would be easier. Usually, to update a CE script, we have to update all of its outdated addresses. In this post, we shall learn how to update addresses.

Before we begin, we first must understand how the process of updating addresses works. This process is known as "signature scanning". Signature scanning is a process that scans a memory for a signature. During this process, each bytes within the memory are being compared with each bytes of a signature. If each of those bytes matches with all of the bytes from the signature, then the process will end by returning the updated address. Else, it keeps on scanning until it reaches the end. If it does reach the end, the process will stop and return nothing. Which means that it could not update the address. Therefore, the signature is useless. A signature of an address is an array of byte (AoB) that are used in the process of signature scanning. This is an example of how a signature looks like in Cheat Engine: DE ? BE EF ? ? 90 90 ? ? EB. Bytes that may change are represented by a single or multiple non-hex characters which, in this case are the question marks. Non-hex characters are characters that are not numeric characters and are not a, b, c, d, e and f. Bytes that may not change are not represented by anything and are simply left alone. In the scanning process, each bytes of the signature are being compared within each bytes of the memory.

Now that we understand how the process of updating addresses works, lets continue to learn how to update addresses. There are many useful tools that can scan for signatures, but for the purpose of this tutorial, we shall only be using Cheat Engine's memory scanner.

So to follow along with this tutorial, we must download and install the following files:

• Cheat Engine
  • Target.exe

After we've installed and downloaded those files, lets launch them. After launching them, Target.exe will request us to input a password which, we do not know. We only have 5 tries to guess what the password is. So, here is a CE script that will give us an unlimited tries:
Code:

// Unlimited Tries
// Author: cheat_code
// Signature: D9 ? ? ? D9 ? ? ? DC 1D ? ? ? ? DF E0 F6 C4 01 0F 85 ? ? ? ? A1
[enable]
00331315:
db 90 90 90 90

[disable]
00331315:
db d9 5c 24 10

However, this CE script is outdated. So, lets update it by using CE's memory scanner. To scan for an address using its signature, we have to follow these simple steps:

• First, in CE's main window, click on the "memory view" button. It is located at the left side of the window. By clicking on it, a window named "Memory Viewer" will appear.
  • Next, in the window of the memory viewer, click on the "Search" button. The search button is located at the top-right side of the window. Then, click on "Find memory". A window named "Find" should appear.
  • Then, click on the radio button that is labeled as "(Array of) byte" - make sure its checked.
  • Under the "Array to scan" label, there should be two text box. The first text box that is under the label will be known as the "From" text box and the text box after that shall be known as the "To" text box. Now, in the From text box type in the base address of Target.exe. The base address of Target.exe is printed in the second line of its window. It should had printed something like this: Base Address = * ("*" is the base address of Target.exe).
  • Next, in the To text box, type in "7FFFFFFF". What did we just do? We just set the scanning range of the memory scanner.
  • Then, in the same window, in the very last text box, type in the signature of the unlimited tries script. The signature should be "D9 ? ? ? D9 ? ? ? DC 1D ? ? ? ? DF E0 F6 C4 01 0F 85 ? ? ? ? A1".
  • Finally, click on the "OK" button.

If we have follow those steps carefully and correctly, we should have the updated address of the unlimited tries script. Which could be found in the second list of the Memory Viewer's window. Now, we have to replace the outdated address with the updated address (the one that we just found). Then, we assign the unlimited tries script to the cheat table of Cheat Engine. After that we enable it. By enabling the unlimited tries script, we can keep on guessing the password till we get it right!

Note: If we ended the process of Target.exe we have to re-scan for the new address of the unlimited tries script.

After reading and performing the tasks within this tutorial, we have come the conclusion that the ability to be able to update addresses is one of the essential and basic skill of a "game hacker". If I have the time, I might go back and add a picture tutorial to this post.

Downloads & Other Links
To download the latest version Cheat Engine, please visit the website of Cheat Engine.
To download Target.exe, please go to:
Code:
MedaFire .c o m / ? e w y 8 k d 2 d g s a w 1 4 u

To check out the virus scan results of Target.exe.zip, please go to:
Code:
VirusTotal .c o m / e n / f i l e / d d d 1 b e 0 6 b f 7 3 b 8 0 f 1 1 d 6 3 c 6 c 2 25 b a f 7 7 d 6  05  c 7 e  2 28 6 d 7 f e 5 a 8 b e e 7 8 f 4 7 1 c 2 3 e a / a n a l y s i s / 1 3 6 24 4 9 8 5 6 /
DaSpamer
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess this tutorial was made for changing values like money, exp, or whatever, but NOT assembly.
This can work well, if you make a good enough AOB.
How to make a good AoB?
First of all get long line with bytes (I sometimes use 700+ bytes, due high result and too many dynamic values, and when its not possible to inject the assembly).
Now put it in a notepad (recommended Notepad++).
Ok now restart the game, do the same steps you used to found the address.
Get long line with bytes from the address, paste in notepad.
And repeat until you got 3+ lines.

After that,
Compare each byte and byte..
And fill a new line with bytes that are equal in all 3+ lines, and what don't equal change to ??.

NOTE:*
You should set money,exp,cash whatever to ??, because its changing if you have more/less money.

My CETrainer will generate it for you in seconds, so you won't get lazy! Very Happy

http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=564919
iampwnage121
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Omg yay! Reply with quote

I didn`t know you could put Question marks when scanning to represent an unknown value. I have been trying to find a way to do this forever. I guess I never really looked, Thank you. Very Happy
DaSpamer
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never too late to learn Wink.
My CETrainer will generate it for you in seconds, so you won't get lazy! Very Happy

http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=564919
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: