Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Changing LUA Type

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
end360
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Changing LUA Type Reply with quote

I play a game called Garry's Mod and it uses its own type of LUA, I think, because whenever i try a script for garrysmod theres always some sort of error. Is there a way to make it use the Gmod LUA style.
Rectangle
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In short? No.

Details? LUA is a scripting language, Garry's Mod is a sandbox game developed by Valve, and Cheat Engine is an application developed by Dark Byte. The three are completely unrelated, except for the fact that Garry's Mod and Cheat Engine use LUA to 'extend' specific parts of their code to 3rd party developers. What this means is, as with all scripting languages, the LUA code that you can write depends on what the associated application already has coded internally, and also depends on what the developers of that application have decided to expose to scripting.

So since Cheat Engine exposes only select parts of itself to other developers, and Garry's Mod only exposes select parts of itself, that is exactly what you get: Direct, controlled manipulation of the application itself. So in order for Garry's Mod to use the LUA functions found in Cheat Engine, Garry's Mod would have to be compiled to use the same source code that Cheat Engine uses, and furthermore, would have to expose the same set of functions/interfaces to LUA that Cheat Engine does. So if you wanna write a letter to Valve asking to take a look at Cheat Engine's source code and implement it in their own software, be my guest but you're obviously just wasting your time.

Alternatively? You could just learn LUA, learn the functions/interfaces exposed by Cheat Engine, and use that knowledge to manipulate Garry's Mod however you like.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: