Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How To Use The Mysterious Array search

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
me
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: How To Use The Mysterious Array search This post has 2 review(s) Reply with quote

Sometimes you can find a code by searching for the array of bytes that make up the instructions that make the code up,

this can be handy for different versions of the game or if the game is installed on different operating systems ie win95/98/me/xp/2003 server/hasta la vista baby........... aggghhh,
mainly it is useful for games that have items that are hard to find and use dma and are just a pain to hack.....so the code addresses can be found easier by others,

anyway I posted a table for defend your castle spendable points, but as I used firefox instead of iexplorer it can be different from my code address,

so I thought it might be handy to post an array scan search to show how you can find your code if your given the bytes to search for,

what I mean is it a table or trainer don't work because the users PC loads the game differently
then maybe the trainer/table writer can post the bytes that make up his code,
the user can then try to find where the code is loaded on his own pc,
then in the case that the game uses DMA, the user can find what addresses are written to,

anyway thats my explanation for posting this example, having seen a lot of folk saying that this or that table or trainer doesn't work for them,
I have used this method to get cheats to work on patched versions of games where the dec code was a almost the same but in a completely different location,
to much gassing so I'll just post the pictures with the explanations punched in .

XGenStudios-Defend Your Castle.......

1 defend your castle array search.JPG
 Description:
THE HEX VALUES NEXT TO YOUR CODE IN THE DISASSEMBER PANE CAN BE USED FOR THE ARRAY SCAN
 Filesize:  129.88 KB
 Viewed:  45885 Time(s)

1 defend your castle array search.JPG

2 finding the line of code.JPG
 Description:
THIS IS HOW TO SET CHEAT ENGINE UP FOR THE ARRAY SCAN,
IT'S VERY IMPORTANT TO MAKE SURE [READ-ONLY MEMORY] CAN BE READ,
WHEN IT'S ALL SET UP PROPERLY THEN HIT THE FIRST SCAN BUTTON,
DOUBLE CLICK THE ADDRESS YOU FIND TO ADD IT TO THE ADDRESS LIST,RIGHT
 Filesize:  83.5 KB
 Viewed:  45887 Time(s)

2 finding the line of code.JPG

3 finally.JPG
 Description:
RIGHT CLICK IN THE DISSASSEMBLER PANE IN MEMORY VIEWER AND GOTO YOUR CODE ADDRESS,
ADD THE CODE TO THE CODE LIST,
MIGHT BE AN IDEA TO SAVE THE TABLE,
NOW WHENEVER YOU PLAY THE GAME YOU CAN RELOAD THE TABLE,
RIGHT CLICK YOUR CODE AND USE THE "FIND OUT
 Filesize:  84.13 KB
 Viewed:  45890 Time(s)

3 finally.JPG

Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now that is just plain smarts
or luck
but usually smarts

ur good
i applaude
*applaude* Very Happy

but.. ya lost me
right at the point where u said
wel.. i dont get it
when i select the game
i got o the momory view and i dont see anything on mine that is even close to urs
like not even the slightest bit same
nothing
... i know its suposed to be different..but its SO different that i cant make out what ur saing at put it on mine

Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yus,
sounds like your code is addressing at differently, thats why I did this array thing in the first place,

quickly running over the array search again,
to find that code in your browser,

1) tick the box next to the "Also scan read-only memory" you need to do this to find code, otherwise your only searching data memory,

2) click the hex box so that you can search for addresses like you would for a pointer search..

3) then put the array of bytes in to the search field --> 8b 01 8b c8 83 e1 07 80 f9 07 75 0d (with the gaps between the numbers and of course zeros 0 not o)

4) hit the first scan button and you should get one address,

just open your dissasembler at that line and add it to your code list, you can then see where the code writes to, this address will change each time you close the game, restart and xgen reloads the game,

if you got a different version of the flash dll then the structure will be different, some have flash 7 and others have version 8 so there will be some that have the same code address as me and others that don't,

flash 8 is making life harder for some peeps trying to find stuff, and it does do some funny gymnastics with the numbers,

anyway if this method fails and kai's dont work for you then you'll just have to do it the hard way and try some changed unchanged searches,
not sure if the save game is portable, thats another possibilty if you got the same flash version, or maybe both 7 and 8 save game versions to cover the bases, wonder if they are portable

Question

Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just to point things out and clarify matters my version is...

NPSWF32.dll 8.0.22.0

and the module and offset for the line of code:3004e9b1-8b 01- mov eax,[ecx]

is

NPSWF32.dll+4E9B1

you will find the NPSWF32.dll
in the Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins
folder

if your using firefox with flash 8 then this might work
if your dll is a different version or inexplore dont use the dll then you'll have to find your spending points yerself,
Darke Byte found it so it is not unique to my machine,,,,,,

hmm I suppose putting in the module and offset aint a bad way of passing on the code addresses either eh if the array search seems a bit heavy going

Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

me wrote:
just to point things out and clarify matters my version is...

NPSWF32.dll 8.0.22.0

and the module and offset for the line of code:3004e9b1-8b 01- mov eax,[ecx]

is

NPSWF32.dll+4E9B1

you will find the NPSWF32.dll
in the Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins
folder

if your using firefox with flash 8 then this might work
if your dll is a different version or inexplore dont use the dll then you'll have to find your spending points yerself,
Darke Byte found it so it is not unique to my machine,,,,,,

hmm I suppose putting in the module and offset aint a bad way of passing on the code addresses either eh if the array search seems a bit heavy going

[edit a little extra ]*************

the advantage of using the code is that you can find your addresses easily without labouriously searching through the whole game every time you want to play it,
another advantage is some games hold multiple goodies like this address,

it not only holds the spendable points but also your fortification and the current maximum they are set at
--->

[/yakkydaa]

Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: How To Use The Mysterious Array search Reply with quote

This tutorial worth 10 rep.points for someone who doesn't know how to do it!Thanks me!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: