Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Borderlands 2 - Third Person
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dd4nt388
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! =D
I've been using CE for some time for minor hacks and stuff.
So I try to use de script here (3.2v) and the CE just stop responding for a moment, then just continues normally, but I can't activate the script, I got the CE 6.2, any ideas?
Thx for the help in advance! =)
Strictly Awesome
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Hope for continued work Reply with quote

So far 3.2 has had pretty damn good success. Fact that we can be in 3rd person is a pat on the back. I really am rooting for our modders to keep working on it so 3rd person is more valid. So many zones have the shooting behind you issue and it can be a real mood killer. I know it is no easy task, but I just hope that you guys keep at it. I'm rooting for ya!
pox911
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still toying with the DT swapper and i made an interesting yet pointless find. It seems that badass constructors build enemies based on it's level and not the area around it. having a level 700 friendly connstructor spitting out enemy 700 enemies is just wierd.
Strictly Awesome
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonaswashe - "The easiest way to accomplish this would be to use Cheat Engine to track every variable that changes when switching between First and Third Person. If one of them is a variable that effects bullet origin, but not camera placement, then you could freeze that variable to the First Person value, and effectively fix the whole problem. As I have said before, I think that bullet origin is hard-coded to camera position in the engine and no memory hack can change that, but it's certainly worth a try!"

I feel like this (above quote by Jonawashe) is the best lead and something me and my friends have been talking about as a possible fix.

Side note with v3.2: I've discovered that if you start up Cheat Engine and activate the script with Borderlands 2 running something interesting happens. If you end process Cheat Engine after Borderlands has accepted the script it keeps the ability to switch between 3rd and 1st, however, the consistency of your shots being where they are suppose to go increases. I think this has to do with Cheat Engine not having to "refresh" / "monitor" the game code. Less going on = less things to go wrong. Perhaps it is just me, but maybe it could somehow help with the mod progression for 3rd person.
TheAdipose
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really love this mod. Thank you so much for making it. I filmed a quick video tutorial this morning to help others get to grips with it as well. I gave you guys full credit in the video and in the description. I hope you keep developing it, I only found a couple of small glitches - and for a cheatmod - thats pretty awesome.

..apparently I can't post urls and stuff on here, so let me know you'd like to see the video tutorial Smile

Adi
ghostdog662
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strictly Awesome wrote:
Jonaswashe - "The easiest way to accomplish this would be to use Cheat Engine to track every variable that changes when switching between First and Third Person. If one of them is a variable that effects bullet origin, but not camera placement, then you could freeze that variable to the First Person value, and effectively fix the whole problem. As I have said before, I think that bullet origin is hard-coded to camera position in the engine and no memory hack can change that, but it's certainly worth a try!"

I feel like this (above quote by Jonawashe) is the best lead and something me and my friends have been talking about as a possible fix.

Side note with v3.2: I've discovered that if you start up Cheat Engine and activate the script with Borderlands 2 running something interesting happens. If you end process Cheat Engine after Borderlands has accepted the script it keeps the ability to switch between 3rd and 1st, however, the consistency of your shots being where they are suppose to go increases. I think this has to do with Cheat Engine not having to "refresh" / "monitor" the game code. Less going on = less things to go wrong. Perhaps it is just me, but maybe it could somehow help with the mod progression for 3rd person.

Sometimes this happens on older non-ssd harddrives or AMD processors.
Ndyil
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:13 am    Post subject: Added Free/Fixed cam. This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

Figured I would share the addition to this script that I created so I could get better screenshots.

v3.2 of Cielps's script(and Lebensgefahr's that it was based on) is the baseline for this one.

- Press F5 to cycle through the different camera modes.
(normal, third person, free, fixed)
- Normal and third person are unchanged in functionality from previous scripts
- FreeCam: Player locked in place, camera allowed to move on ALL axis.
- FreeCam: WASD/mouse move the camera around(the keyboard part of camera movement is hand coded so to change the controls you'll have to edit the script)
- FreeCam: speed of freecam movement is based on how fast your game is ticking, if you need to adjust the speed due to a slower/faster PC, or just personal preferance, you can change the value of the "Accel" variable
- FreeCam: Camera position and rotation from the last time in free cam are saved.
- Free/FixedCam: Pressing Middle Mouse button will reset the camera to the player's position.
- FixedCam: Camera pos/rot are locked to the saved FreeCam pos/rot
- FixedCam: Player is allowed to move

Unknown:
-Effect on other players in multiplayer
-Haven't tested singleplayer alot yet, besides wandering around sanctuary and shooting some guns.

Known Bugs:
-FreeCam: Player model still rotates and animates like they are moving
-FreeCam: Saved Rotation is lost on returning to FreeCam
-ThirdPerson: bullets clipping with nearby objects.
It definately seems related to third person mode changing the bullet origin to be far enough back to clip with objects close behind you.

TODO:
-Fix the bugs mentioned above
-Make it easier to change the controls (ie, by editing a variable rather than editing the assembly. The assembly is rather long now afterall)
-Optimize the code. I imagine there is lots of room for optimization, especially in the section trying to convert the camera rotation into a translation vector for the freecam mode.

Borderlands2_ThirdPersonMode+Freecam_v4.0.CT
 Description:
Third Person/Free/Fixed Cam v4.0
Credit to:
Cielos
Lebensgefahr

Download
 Filename:  Borderlands2_ThirdPersonMode+Freecam_v4.0.CT
 Filesize:  23.55 KB
 Downloaded:  4848 Time(s)

Rafuz
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any progress on this table?

The bullets don't seem to be hitting the targets when I shoot from the hip in 3rd person.
JayFight
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rafuz wrote:

The bullets don't seem to be hitting the targets when I shoot from the hip in 3rd person.

actually i used this table and it has thirdperson and it seems to work perfectly from what i've seen forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?p=5429809#5429809
Orihadar
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sooo...
for some reson when i put the cheat script and try to active it when brotherlands 2 is runing - i cant make the active...any help ther?
jim2point0
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
-FreeCam: Player model still rotates and animates like they are moving

I guess there is no way to fix that aspect? Would be cool if your character stopped animating all-together when you enter free camera.
Daryl Dixon
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Cielos"]made a script based on Lebensgefahr's script:

EDIT: Update to v3
EDIT2: Update to v3.1 - lesser lines of codes, but the functionality is the same as v3, you don't really need to re-download again.
EDIT3: Update to v3.2 - add/fix some pointers. no new functionality.
EDIT4: uploaded wrong table, fixed.

[b]Third Person Mode v3.2[/b]
- press G to toggle on/off, check the content of the script if you want the key changed to F5 like Lebensgefahr's script.
- when on, the camera will change back to first person camera when fine-aiming by pressing the default zoom key, and back to third person camera upon exiting fine-aiming.
- how this script would affect the cinematic scene / driving is unknown, you have to be the white mouse here.
- the aim of normal shooting in third person camera is still off sometime.

- it seems when the distance between you and the closet object behind is closer than the distance between you and the closet object you are facing to, the bullet will hit the object behind you.
and seems it's directly affected by the position of the camera, i.e. how far you set the cam behind the character, and how far you shift the cam to the side.
just imagine you draw a STRAIGHT line from the closet object behind the character to the cam, then to the character, then to the object you're aiming at. the bullet will hit the closet object to the character (or camera? not sure..) along this straight line.

- you can view the coordinates of your chatterer and the coordinates (maybe) of the cam after you enable the script:
ae0 to ae8 are the character's coordinates.
af0 to af8 seem belongs to the camera, which are showing the same values as ae0 to af8 when you are in first person mode, and jumping up or down close to ae0 when fine-aimming.
I'm not sure about these though, and I'm running out of patience of HOW exactly does the cam control where the bullet hit, because the game lag like hell whenever the debugger is attached, and it won't back to normal unless I REBOOT the system.
as it's all based on the finding of Lebensgefahr, I think he/she would have a better understanding than us.

- oh and I'm new to this game and the series, I get this game only because I saw Lebensgefahr's third person script. so, please forgive me to write these nonsense if any of you know how it works already.[/quote]
I can't seem to activate the script. I'm using Cheat Engine 6.3
twistedmango
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rafuz wrote:

This.

Bug Report - (I have not seen this mentioned in the download posts) Everything is working beautifully with the exception of where my bullets fly in third person. The previous versions showed a different bullet destination between hip-fire and ironsight, and the latest one, well, when you shoot at something in the distance from hip, and even in zoom, the bullets seem to fly to the top-right of the crosshair instead. I'd be stoked to see this fixed; it makes combat quite impossible.

Regardless, thank you for your time and effort to all contributing to this script. It's an awesome concept!
polvere
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried both the latest version and the one before that. when I try to click the box inside the script program it hangs for a few second, and the box remains unchecked.
4uli
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:59 pm    Post subject: Download dosent work Reply with quote

...mean the Download creat an XML Datei wich Cheat Engine cant work with, so nothing works like discripted.
Crying or Very sad

Please help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Tables All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: