Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Terraria:, glow, dup items, on-screen radar, best prefixes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
justa_dude
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Terraria:, glow, dup items, on-screen radar, best prefixes Reply with quote

Hi folks,

I've been frustrated w/ how dark Terraria is - at least on my cheapo desktop monitor - since the patch that nerfed the orb of light, and finally decided to do something about it. Here's a table w/ several interesting options:

• static pointers to health/mana/breath/etc
  • always shiny - it's as if you're always wearing a miner's helmet
  • always super-shiny - insert multiple new light sources all around the player
  • golden keys not consumed - golden keys now work like shadow keys
  • dup items - press ctrl+f1 while hovering over something in your inventory and its item count will be set to the max stack-size
  • always best prefixes - swords will always be legendary, guns unreal, etc. Things in chests are decided at game-start, so you'll sometimes still have to reforge once.
  • piranhas drop more hooks - drop-rate for hooks increased dramatically. You may have to kill something (anything) once before enabling this for it to work.
  • more voodoo demons vs normal demons - sometimes, I am able to build a runway across the entire dungeon w/o seeing a single voodoo doll; this option will increase the spawn ratio to 50%
  • item radar - displays the distance and direction to the nearest chest containing the item of your choice (from a select list including most of the important stuff to find: shield, Muramasa, keys, cloud, balloon, etc). For this to work, you'll have to use my logic DLL (find_chests.dll) and update the script to point at its location. This option only works in single-player games because, AFAIK, chest data isn't sent out in multiplayer games until it is needed.

I use the legit final/latest version of Terraria via Steam and .Net 4.5. If your system is configured differently, you'll probably have to make some changes. I've included plenty of information about the data types and how to find the stuff you'd need to change using WinDbg & sos.

link to find_chests.dll

Cheers,
dibz

Terraria.CT
 Description:
Terraria (final) table

Download
 Filename:  Terraria.CT
 Filesize:  23.39 KB
 Downloaded:  607 Time(s)

c0rn3j
Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit: Not working.
If i will execute the lua script it will constantly give out errors.
(Error:[string "script_init=[[..."]:100: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value)

Pointers are invalid.
Scripts are broken.

Using same version as you, CE 6.2, net framework 4.5.
justa_dude
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works perfectly if your setup matches mine. If not, as I mentioned in the first post, you've got to do some work to run it on your system. I provided more than enough information.

Sounds to me like you're using a hacked/pirated/modified version of the game.
Rydian
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legit latest copy on steam, same issue.

.NET is at 4, will update to 4.5 and see if your stuff works then.

EDIT: Installed 4.5 and restarted. Now the pointers at least work (and the pointers I found back on 4.0 using steam.dll as the base no longer work, so the update did come through), but the lua script still spams that message, constantly stealing focus from the game too.
justa_dude
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Terraria:, glow, dup items, on-screen radar, best prefix Reply with quote

justa_dude wrote:
For this to work, you'll have to use my logic DLL (find_chests.dll) and update the script to point at its location. This option only works in single-player games because, AFAIK, chest data isn't sent out in multiplayer games until it is needed.

I use the legit final/latest version of Terraria via Steam and .Net 4.5. If your system is configured differently, you'll probably have to make some changes. I've included plenty of information about the data types and how to find the stuff you'd need to change using WinDbg & sos.

link to find_chests.dll

No offense, guys, but if you can't even bother with reading the setup details then this is maybe not the script for you.

Although it is, in theory, possible that your architecture would be different enough from mine that .NET would be compiling JIT code to something different enough that the pointers and aobscans fail to match up, it's drastically more likely that you're using the wrong .net runtime or a modified version of the game. That's fine, but /you're/ going to have to modify the script to work on your system.

If the static pointers work but the LUA/directxhook radar script does not, then you probably failed to download the logic dll and update the path in the script. It's currently set for "c:\develop\projects...", and you'll need to change this path. If you don't want to use the DLL and/or your static pointers don't match, then answer no when CE prompts you to run the script.

Rydian wrote:
Legit latest copy on steam, same issue.

.NET is at 4, will update to 4.5 and see if your stuff works then.

EDIT: Installed 4.5 and restarted. Now the pointers at least work (and the pointers I found back on 4.0 using steam.dll as the base no longer work, so the update did come through), but the lua script still spams that message, constantly stealing focus from the game too.

Load the table, answer no when it prompts you to run the script. Press ctrl+alt+L to bring up the Lua script. Scroll down and change the path in the LoadLibrary call to match the place you downloaded the DLL to.
c0rn3j
Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did change the path (which you even havent mentioned), already said i got same version which you have (Steam, legal) and got .NET 4.5.
Still, pointers does not work and i got the error.

EDIT: It actually seems that it forces to use 4.0 even tho i uninstalled it, so if i will delete it, it will reinstall and if i will deny the reinstall terraria wont start.
justa_dude
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c0rn3j wrote:
I did change the path (which you even havent mentioned)
justa_dude wrote:
For this to work, you'll have to use my logic DLL (find_chests.dll) and update the script to point at its location.

c0rn3j wrote:
already said i got same version which you have (Steam, legal) and got .NET 4.5.
Still, pointers does not work and i got the error.

EDIT: It actually seems that it forces to use 4.0 even tho i uninstalled it, so if i will delete it, it will reinstall and if i will deny the reinstall terraria wont start.
Either you make your setup match mine, or you do diligence to fix the script to work on your system, or you do without. I don't know what else to tell you. The script works, though. It works a treat.
c0rn3j
Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuse me but how does my setup differs from yours?
justa_dude
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c0rn3j wrote:
Excuse me but how does my setup differs from yours?

You're not running .NET runtime version 4.5.
c0rn3j
Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you post step by step tutorial for dummy? Im kinda lost with this.
justa_dude
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c0rn3j wrote:
Could you post step by step tutorial for dummy? Im kinda lost with this.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653

Follow the instructions there.
c0rn3j
Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got same version of 4.5 I had (4.5.50709).
justa_dude
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ensure you're running the latest XNA runtime.
c0rn3j
Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the version from there which matched the version I already had (XNA framework red. 4.0.208.23.0)
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=20914
I don't know what is causing the problems :/
justa_dude
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Download the 32-bit WinDBG for free from MS, then follow the steps in the table notes to tailor it for your system.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Tables All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: