Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help on cheating in indie "Brickshooter Egypt"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noob_cheater
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Help on cheating in indie "Brickshooter Egypt" Reply with quote

Hello to everyone! First and foremost I'd like to thanks the staff behind Cheat Engine and the staff of the forum itself. Other than them I'd like to thank in advance whoever will fell like to try yo help me.
Regarding my presentation I think my nick says almost everything there is to say about me Very Happy. Let's just add that I'm 25-years-old and European and that I discovered of the existence of Cheat Engine (and, afterwards, of this same forum) only yesterday while googling for some FAQs about making cheats for a game by yourself.
I have to say that I practically never cheat on games (if I find one to be too difficult, most of the times I'll simply abandon it) but I found myself to be in a pretty tight spot now, or, to be more correct, my mom is in it. And has been in it for almost a year now.

The game in question is Brickshooter Egypt (you can find a discrete review of the game in question at "Game Over Online" but there also others in net). Anyway, my mom, (after having tried the game and found it to be of her liking) was from the very start dead serious on finishing it (as she has been in the past with the two Zumas games and many others) and, even when some of the last levels of the game began to require here MONTHS of tries for her to solve them, she persisted. But now that she is at the last (or so we think) level of the game itself, Sphinx - Level 10 (with every stage being represented by a pyramid or something like that and being composed of ten levels) and has been on it for more than NINE MONTHS without being able to solve, even after trying an trying may times almost every day. It almost verges on obsession on her side as she refuses to take interest in any other game until "she sees the ending of that one". That's all there is to it.

Because, as you can easily deduce by this very same thread, the game has so scarce a following that no one trained it or found any way to cheat in it (in the past I've helped both my parents ending their struggles with some "endgames" with trainers and cheats, if only when, all in all, the game became too tough but this time, as I already said, I could find nothing) I tried to look for a FAQ or two about making cheats on your own and found some that talked about many programs to cheat, and after some tries, I discovered the Cheat Engine to be the most accessible and probably the best, at least by my (very) humble point of view as I practically don't understand a bit of programming and the like. Anyway I tried first to follow the tutorial of CE to find an address and relative value to exploit as to make the last level more easy to complete (something like a cheat that would allow any combination of bricks, without regard to their colors, viable for making any set of three of them to disappear) or even something less "polished" like a "instantly complete a level" cheat. I even tried to find an address and value that allowed me to "skip entirely to the next level" (there is a subtle difference from the previous cheat I tried to "make" that I'll now explain) even if I don't like this solution because you could end up to also skip the ending and simply make the game freeze or return to the main menu, but in the end (as I don't even know in what way the game stores the player progresses and especially if there REALLY is "something else" to skip to after that level). In the end, I always ended up with too many values or no values at all. So I simply tried to use the Speedhack and speed up the game in a way as the "hint" for the next move, present in many casual games. would appear every five second instead of every minute but, even by letting the computer play on "auto-pilot", terms by which I mean to make ONLY the move suggested by the hint without making any move of our own accord but, in the end, not even with following all the hints provided we could avoid tho lose.
So that's why I'm here. I don't dare to ask someone to make a trainer all for my own use but I'd very appreciate any help to resolve this "problem" once and for all (even with a solution way less polished than the first one I suggested) so to permit to my mother to play some other game, finally.
Anyway, thanks to you "that made it down here" Surprised for having read all this and moreover so if only some of you'll try to help me.
See ya.
Aecial
Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one was tricky, Cheat Engine alone doesn't tend to function well on puzzle games like this, though Ollydbg was able to assist greatly.

Anyhow, I made a hack that makes it so when you click "undo" you win the level.

Its in the .CT format that cheat engine can open, so just load it up in cheat engine, target the program, enable once you're in a level, and you're good to go.

EDIT: Also, if you have it enabled when you start the level you'll insta win as well.

BrickShooter.CT
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  BrickShooter.CT
 Filesize:  529 Bytes
 Downloaded:  1284 Time(s)

Noob_cheater
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much Aecial for your work and... sorry but it doesn't work.
One of the cause of this could be that, even while having the bad habit of writing so much, in my first post I forgot to specify a "little" but maybe essential detail: that there are many games out there called Brickshooter but only one (even if have to say that I just discovered that they even made A SEQUEL and an HD REMAKE!) called Brickshooter EGYPT and so you could've picked up the wrong game to work upon. Honestly I doubt that but it coul be possible, judging by your omission of the word "Egypt" in the name of the .CT file but mostly by the fact that the cheat table you made, once I have loaded it in CE and then having loaded the game process, the cheat doesn't show any Address or Type associated to itself (it appears only your description of the cheat itself in the corresponding column and the voice: "<script>" under the column "Value") and that remains true even after I load a level. With all this said the specific problem manifest itself in the way that the cheat, once loaded, refuses to activite in any way. With this I mean that the cross in the activation square doesn't never appear, be it that I am clicking before rather than after I load the process or even after having loaded the level in question, all this while any other (obviusly not working) "cheat" made by me activates easily.
So, or you really picked up another game or, at least, maybe you've picked another version of it from another redistributor (even if I think that actually the game process should remain the same in all versions of it but, obviusly, I could be wrong). Other possibilities could be that I'm doing something wrong (I'm using the latest 6.2 version of CE, obviusly) or, as a last option, that the .CT table you have posted have became corrupted in some way.

I'll specify one last time that the game I need help with cheat/train is "Brickshooter Egypt" in it's "MyPlayCity" version.. I'd have posted a photo or review of it already but the board still doesn't let me to do so. So I can only suggest to try to google in Google Image for "brickshooter egypt" if you want to take a look at it. The first images that will pop up should be of the right, egyptian-themed, game.
I still hope in some help and in the meanwhile I'll wait. Anyway, thank you deeply for trying, Aecial.
Aecial
Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah It was not the MyPlayCity version, it won't be hard to migrate my hack from the other version to this game. Ill edit this post once that is done.

EDIT:
Here it is Smile It works exactly the same way, I didn't realize there were different versions so I made it for the wrong one before (that'll teach me for not using an AOB scan method...) This time it should work no matter what version you are using.

It works the same way
1) After game starts up attach CE to game.exe, BrickShooter.exe, Brickshooter Egypt.exe (whatever it is named in your version) and make sure it is the game process and not the splash screen process for the redistributor.
2) Enter level
3) Enable 'Undo > Win' script
4) Make a move and then undo it.
5) Disable script
6) Win Very Happy

BrickShooter Egypt.CT
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  BrickShooter Egypt.CT
 Filesize:  1.21 KB
 Downloaded:  1343 Time(s)

Noob_cheater
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK YOU so, so much Aecial! Really, really, thanks. It works perfectly now... or almost perfectly. XD It did what it should, the level was automatically won and, being the last one, it appeared the customary "congratulations" screen and the game restarted with AN ADDITIONAL COLOR for every, already color-increasing ones since the first play-through, six group of levels (the pyramids). My mom immediately stand up to the challenge saying: "But it's easy!" and so... it all starts over again. Rolling Eyes Well, at least now I have the right trick to not have her blocked anymore for months on a the same level. Again you have my thanks but...
When I was saying that things didn't go exactly in a perfect way I was actually referring to a sort of "bug" I encountered while using the cheat. After activating the cheat by following your instructions (that means, only after loading the process in CE and, after that, the level) the game was won the very instant I reactivated its window with me surely not having to do a move and then undo it. That obviously wouldn't be a problem in itself but... the real problem is that, after the game shows the window titled "Level completed" with the score gained and then you close it, that windows reappears again, over and over, even if you insist on click "Ok" repeatedly. It persisted in appearing, like I was still winning level after level, even when the game went ahead to the alredy mentioned "congratulations" screen and also when the game map of the harder difficulty appeared or even when I choose to go back to the main menu. Obviously, when I saw that happening, the first thing I tried to do was to disable your cheat and, when that didn't work, to close Cheat Engine altogether but, as I discovered, the only solution to the bug is closing the game itself. Maybe I did something wrong like having to make a move BEFORE activating the cheat or having to load first the cheat table and only then the game process (this time I did it reversely). Anyway, it's a minor annoyance and somehow I'll manage it if the need to re-use your cheat rises again (something most probably, given how things went). I just wanted to inform you of this strange behavior of your cheat, sure I didn't want to complain. Again, I'm really grateful for your work. I hope to be someway able to contribute to the CE community in the future even if I don't see how I could. Anyway, thanks again. Hope to see ya again. Very Happy
Aecial
Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I noticed the little glitch, disabling the hack the instant you win the level should prevent that from happening.

I noticed that it unlocked a harder difficulty when you won, but I figured i'd leave that as a suprise to you Twisted Evil

You're welcome, and have fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: