Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

lol jews and macs
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cryoma
Member of the Year

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: lol jews and macs Reply with quote

DECENT desktop from apple costs $5,723.00

Specifications

One 3.33GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon “Westmere”
16GB (4x4GB)
1TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3Gb/s hard drive
Two ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB
One 18x SuperDrive
Apple LED Cinema Display (27" flat panel)
Apple Magic Mouse
Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad (English) & User's Guide

vs a demigod puget build for $2500.
http://www.pugetsystems.com/?u=74650
Slugsnack
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW OMG 3000$ DIFFERENCE
Channel GannoK
pffrt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slugsnack wrote:
WOW OMG 3000$ DIFFERENCE

ya bro thats not even that much money

can you give me that much. I need money for college

https://guildav.com
THIS IS JUST AN OPINION
Slugsnack

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would (and have) funded several people a few thousand £ (and in some cases more) in the past when they really needed it. you just have to meet my high standards and criteria and have a good reason for needing it
Barnold Swolezzenegger
Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:39 am    Post subject: Re: lol jews and macs Reply with quote

Cryoma wrote:
DECENT desktop from apple costs $5,723.00

Specifications

One 3.33GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon “Westmere”
16GB (4x4GB)
1TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3Gb/s hard drive
Two ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB
One 18x SuperDrive
Apple LED Cinema Display (27" flat panel)
Apple Magic Mouse
Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad (English) & User's Guide

vs a demigod puget build for $2500.
http://www.pugetsystems.com/?u=74650

>Desktop
>Server CPU
Makes sense.
Slugsnack

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apotheoun, you are right, however Mac hardware is pretty much a ripoff. That's only if you look at it in terms of each piece of hardware, not the whole package, and ignore the software. Personally I wouldn't value Macs at their inflated price, however I don't care about meagre differences like that so I just buy it and don't whine about it. You can buy a Mac and you will never have to worry about maintenance, inconvenience and hassle. That comes as part of the service. And that convenience, is something I have no problem putting a few thousand towards.

There is no point in Cryoma arguing with me on these topics because amounts of money like that just have a different intrinsic value to me than it does to him. Pretty much, when Cryoma drives his Ford Fiesta around, he's gonna be ripping on me in a Ferrari for wasting money or something and still not understand I just don't give a shit. Good job the poor kid didn't see my shopping bill for last night
To0k :]
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slugsnack wrote:
You can buy a Mac and you will never have to worry about maintenance, inconvenience and hassle. That comes as part of the service.
Not at macme you don't. Bought a mac last year, had to return it after 2 weeks. They were like:
"yeah well fuck you you're not getting a new one. We will repair it for you."
>had to return it again after I got it back for like a week.
>still not getting a new one
>took them a month to repair

So yeah, the machine fucked up 2 times within a month. Needed it for school though, and the employee's were not very customer friendly.
Slugsnack

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're talking general case
Gypsy++
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol 5770s
Aviar³
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

Analysis of SlugSnack in this thread:

>Think 3000 USD is nothing.
>Am so rich that I do not care about money.
>Parallel the earning power of a working engineer to a philosophy student.
>Insinuate that becaue he earns more money working than someone studying, and can afford a 3000 dollar difference, this puts him in a whole other league, ferrari and all.
>Come to CEF to brag instead of trying to contribute to the underlying context of it all.

Clear troll.

Slugsnack

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't recall saying 3000 usd was 'nothing' at any point. it just has different intrinsic value. for example, a 8 year old losing 10$ is probably a big deal whereas it's less of a big deal when you're older. it doesn't mean it's 'nothing', just that it's not worth expending much thought over

i have a lot more disposable capital at hand than cryoma and hence a few thousand dollars isn't a big deal to me.
Gypsy++
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slugsnack wrote:
i don't recall saying 3000 usd was 'nothing' at any point. it just has different intrinsic value. for example, a 8 year old losing 10$ is probably a big deal whereas it's less of a big deal when you're older. it doesn't mean it's 'nothing', just that it's not worth expending much thought over

i have a lot more disposable capital at hand than cryoma and hence a few thousand dollars isn't a big deal to me.

can i have 700 dollars
Hero
I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why buy a mac when I can build a pc and put a hacked osx on it?
Cryoma
Member of the Year

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slugsnack wrote:
Apotheoun, you are right, however Mac hardware is pretty much a ripoff. That's only if you look at it in terms of each piece of hardware, not the whole package, and ignore the software. Personally I wouldn't value Macs at their inflated price, however I don't care about meagre differences like that so I just buy it and don't whine about it. You can buy a Mac and you will never have to worry about maintenance, inconvenience and hassle. That comes as part of the service. And that convenience, is something I have no problem putting a few thousand towards.

There is no point in Cryoma arguing with me on these topics because amounts of money like that just have a different intrinsic value to me than it does to him. Pretty much, when Cryoma drives his Ford Fiesta around, he's gonna be ripping on me in a Ferrari for wasting money or something and still not understand I just don't give a shit. Good job the poor kid didn't see my shopping bill for last night

1) Mac hardware is a ripoff, we agree on that.
2) We're ignoring the software because you can always replace it, we agree on that.
3) You don't care about the price, that's fine Mr. Moneybags.
4) You buy a Mac and never worry about maintenance? That's just about the biggest piece of bullshit I've ever heard. Maybe you've had a great experience but you can't go and generalize the entire industry based on that. Literally every Mac user I know encounters minor hardware issues (keyboard falling apart, dead pixels in screen, laptop cases coming apart at the seams) and severe ones (hard drive failure, dead screens, fried parts) at the same rate as competing brands. I personally know a Macintosh technician who has been the official maintenance repair guy for this area since Apple was Macintosh. His garage is a workshop dedicated to Apple parts. When people have broken Macs that they send in for repair, they get sent to him, he fixes them and sends them back. And there's no shortage of work, even though he only covers customers in Marin county, CA. So obviously it's false to say that you will never have a problem if you buy a Mac. And that's only discussing hardware, I won't even get into Mac OSX.
5) That being said, you're spending a $3000 difference on insurance for you computer alone. You could replace your custom build twice over with that amount of money. But you don't want the hassle of fixing things yourself, I guess.
6) I drive a Ford Explorer. I work on it too, just like my computers, and it gets decent MPG. I only use it to haul things, otherwise I bike everywhere. Because gas is hilarious and exercise is good and saving the planet is gratifying. So you drive a Ferrari, that's cool, Ferrari's are expensive because they are high quality and go faster than most cars. But you can't say that a Mac would be a Ferrari and my custom build an Explorer when we just clarified that Macs are pretty much terrible.

All in all you may be rich but you're a poor businessman to be throwing money away like some rapper in a music video.
I pity the fool.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hero wrote:
Why buy a mac when I can build a pc and put a hacked osx on it?
Pretty sure he just explained that if you cared to read. Convenience. I work with Macs at work and whilst they're hard to get used to and such, the screen on the larger ones along with the convenience of being able to move it around amongst many other very convenient things (including customer service according to my boss whom has nothing but good things to say about Apple, since they even teach you how to use certain programs if you ask and are a customer.) really do the Mac justice. Now, if you aren't a developer or a designer of any kind, then you're a fucking idiot for buying a Mac, but if you are one of the aforementioned things, then if you have the money it's really worth it tbh.

To0k wrote:
Slugsnack wrote:
You can buy a Mac and you will never have to worry about maintenance, inconvenience and hassle. That comes as part of the service.
Not at macme you don't. Bought a mac last year, had to return it after 2 weeks. They were like:
"yeah well fuck you you're not getting a new one. We will repair it for you."
>had to return it again after I got it back for like a week.
>still not getting a new one
>took them a month to repair

So yeah, the machine fucked up 2 times within a month. Needed it for school though, and the employee's were not very customer friendly.
Not sure who MacMe are, but I'm pretty sure any smart person buys their Mac from an Apple store, or online at the Apple website.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Random spam All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: