Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

price of gamebryo and vision engine 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freiza
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: price of gamebryo and vision engine 8 Reply with quote

Does anybody knows the price of Gamebryo and Trinigy vision engine 8?

(For indie version if possible)
atom0s

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trinigy:
http://www.trinigy.net/en/licensing

Seems that they are more focused on what your project is for the price then a flat flee for everyone. You'd have to contact them about any legit license amount.

Gamebryo:
http://www.gamebryo.com/en/Gamebryo/Evaluation-Request/

They don't seem to show off a license page at all so you'd have to make a request and further discuss a price with them.

Given your earlier posts, is there any reason you are looking at paid engines as a single developer? Why not use one of the hundreds of free engines to get started and to build a portfolio to help you obtain tools like these two for little to no cost.

If you show the companies you have potential with their products, they are more inclined to work with you and give you a better deal rather then paying a full retail price because they just see you as another person whom wants a hobby.

Freiza
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have already sent request to both Trinigy and Gamebyro (lightspeed) for the price request and evaluation version.. but i think they are not interested in answering.

Quote:
Is there any reason you are looking at paid engines as a single developer?

Yes I just completed my Examinations and waiting for results.. So i thought in the meantime I should make a good rts game. And creating a 3d game engine wasn't my cup of tea.. ( though i'd love to.. )

Quote:
Why not use one of the hundreds of free engines to get started

I didn't find any free good game engine. that had built-in path finding algorithm and have decals and shaders with mmo support.

Quote:
to build a portfolio

Hmm.. Nice Idea.. Will you join me?
atom0s

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Path finding, movement, and physics are usually up to the developer to handle based on how the map is created and used. So generally you wont find anything premade that will be flexible to any style of gaming. At most you will find an engine that is designed for a specific style of game, or requires you to create maps in a specific manner.

Games either also design their own tools and libs to handle things like AI, movement, and physics, or they use external resources from other individual projects.

If you haven't heard, the Unreal UDK is open source now and free. Given Unreals track record it is a fairly solid and established engine if you are looking for something in-depth and proven:
http://www.unrealengine.com/

As for me joining you, sorry but I personally have no interest in coding a game as well as do not have the time to either; sorry.

Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UDK is free, but you are not allowed to use it for commercial purposes. A free mmo might work, but not sure if you have memberships or ads

If you want something free, and does come with physics, and movement (no idea about pathfinding) try panda3d (used for the mmo pirates of the Caribbean)

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Freiza
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
UDK is free, but you are not allowed to use it for commercial purposes. A free mmo might work, but not sure if you have memberships or ads

If you want something free, and does come with physics, and movement (no idea about pathfinding) try panda3d (used for the mmo pirates of the Caribbean)

UDK can be used for commercial purpose.. You just have to purchase a registration worth 99 usd then have to pay 25% of royalties on the amount exceeding 50000 usd on every financial year..

But the bigger problem is that UDK is not meant for an rts game.. it is well suited for only FPS game.. though you get the source of UDK .. you can create an rts out of their code.. but it would be really really tough.

And i was thinking about Panda3d.. but I wanted to be sure before diving into it by asking professionals .
atom0s

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freiza wrote:
But the bigger problem is that UDK is not meant for an rts game.. it is well suited for only FPS game.. though you get the source of UDK .. you can create an rts out of their code.. but it would be really really tough.

And i was thinking about Panda3d.. but I wanted to be sure before diving into it by asking professionals .

Not really, just because Unreal focused on FPS does not mean their engine is not able to do RTS or other genre's of games.

For example: Tom Clancy's EndWar, uses the Unreal engine and is and RTS.

Plenty of people have doven into making their own as well:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=unreal+engine+rts&aq=f

Freiza
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As i already wrote it is possible to create a full fledged working rts in udk.. but it is no cakewalk.. it is better finding another one..

Right now i am going to choose between Unity3d or Torque3d.. as it seems better options.. In the meantime.. if somebody gets the cost of trinigy vision engine. Please tell me. ( Trinigy Vision Engine.. is best according to my need.)

But i will be needing lots of help from expert. As this is my first game project.

Thank you All..

Respect
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Game Development All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: