Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So I've been doing this for three weeks now
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aniblaze
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aviar³ wrote:
Augustine wrote:
Aviar³ wrote:
Augustine wrote:
xen0r wrote:
Augustine wrote:
Aviar³ wrote:
Augustine, what do you study? Or what degree do you hold?

Currently studying to get my MSc (Masters of Science), and possess the pre-master title of Bachelor as of this year. I'm about 1,5 years away from my MSc title.

You don't study anything to do with computers?

Software Engineering, yes.

So an MSc in Software Engineering? Or are they two separate things?

This year I'm getting my bachelor in Software Engineering (I'm currently doing my internship, and then I'm done). After that I have one year left at University to get my MSc in the same field, although I'm not certain if it's still called Software Engineering at that level. Why all these questions about my education though?

Why the question about my question which questioned you? Also, no reason. I was just wondering for a while and didn't want to make a new thread.

I was thinking a comment about brain damage and failing my education would follow, and decided to ask why the question was asked. As long as we're on the subject, what do you do in terms of education or work?
Aviar³
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Augustine wrote:
Aviar³ wrote:
Augustine wrote:
Aviar³ wrote:
Augustine wrote:
xen0r wrote:
Augustine wrote:
Aviar³ wrote:

Currently studying to get my MSc (Masters of Science), and possess the pre-master title of Bachelor as of this year. I'm about 1,5 years away from my MSc title.

This year I'm getting my bachelor in Software Engineering (I'm currently doing my internship, and then I'm done). After that I have one year left at University to get my MSc in the same field, although I'm not certain if it's still called Software Engineering at that level. Why all these questions about my education though?

Why the question about my question which questioned you? Also, no reason. I was just wondering for a while and didn't want to make a new thread.

I was thinking a comment about brain damage and failing my education would follow, and decided to ask why the question was asked. As long as we're on the subject, what do you do in terms of education or work?

God I wished I worked. As far as education, the 'official' title of what I do is Ingeniero en Sistemas de Informacion (Information Systems Engineer), but what it really is, or at least how I see it, is an over-glorified software engineering career. The only difference is that we learn something about everything, instead of just software and computers (we have legislation, physics, AI, compiler theory, operating system design, etc.). My teachers explain it as learning how to process data and refine it into useful information.

Aniblaze

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aviar³ wrote:
Augustine wrote:
Aviar³ wrote:
Augustine wrote:
Aviar³ wrote:
Augustine wrote:
xen0r wrote:
Augustine wrote:
Aviar³ wrote:

God I wished I worked. As far as education, the 'official' title of what I do is Ingeniero en Sistemas de Informacion (Information Systems Engineer), but what it really is, or at least how I see it, is an over-glorified software engineering career. The only difference is that we learn something about everything, instead of just software and computers (we have legislation, physics, AI, compiler theory, operating system design, etc.). My teachers explain it as learning how to process data and refine it into useful information.

Sounds far better than what we get. We didn't get shit in terms of AI, except during the minor gaming technology, which isn't really part of the course to become a software engineer, but can be chosen nonetheless. During which you also get physics (them vectors and matrix's). I failed that course hardcore, subsequently prolonging my education by .5 years. Can't say I envy you Wink.

For the most part my course consists of how to develop the most secure and dynamic software. You get courses like "algorithms and data structures" (self-explanatory), "Design Patterns" (self-explanatory), "Testing" (self-explanatory), "Requirements" (usage of formal languages to ensure proper application development), etc.
Aviar³
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Augustine wrote:
Aviar³ wrote:
Augustine wrote:
Aviar³ wrote:
Augustine wrote:
Aviar³ wrote:
Augustine wrote:
xen0r wrote:
Augustine wrote:
Aviar³ wrote:

Sounds far better than what we get. We didn't get shit in terms of AI, except during the minor gaming technology, which isn't really part of the course to become a software engineer, but can be chosen nonetheless. During which you also get physics (them vectors and matrix's). I failed that course hardcore, subsequently prolonging my education by .5 years. Can't say I envy you Wink.

For the most part my course consists of how to develop the most secure and dynamic software. You get courses like "algorithms and data structures" (self-explanatory), "Design Patterns" (self-explanatory), "Testing" (self-explanatory), "Requirements" (usage of formal languages to ensure proper application development), etc.

We have a course thats called Algorithms and Abstract Data Structures, its pitiful. All we do is cover C, then learn queues, stacks and thats about it. Not even trees :\. They should just pick up MITs Introduction to Algorithms and make that the course textbook. Sure, everyone fails, but its worth it. As to Design Patterns, we have that second year, as well as an entire course over language theory. Not sure what we have in the way of Requirements and Testing, but I think we have all that bundled into one year, particularly our fourth. Overall, our classes suck or try to cram too much into too little time.

Aniblaze

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aviar³ wrote:
Augustine wrote:
Aviar³ wrote:
Augustine wrote:
Aviar³ wrote:
Augustine wrote:
Aviar³ wrote:
Augustine wrote:
xen0r wrote:
Augustine wrote:
Aviar³ wrote:

We have a course thats called Algorithms and Abstract Data Structures, its pitiful. All we do is cover C, then learn queues, stacks and thats about it. Not even trees :\. They should just pick up MITs Introduction to Algorithms and make that the course textbook. Sure, everyone fails, but its worth it. As to Design Patterns, we have that second year, as well as an entire course over language theory. Not sure what we have in the way of Requirements and Testing, but I think we have all that bundled into one year, particularly our fourth. Overall, our classes suck or try to cram too much into too little time.

Don't know a lot about MITs Introduction to Algorithms. We had the course in year two though. I somehow managed to fail it once, even though it was in Java. We used this book: http://www.algolist.net/Books/0672324539 . If you scroll down, you can see what was being covered. The book was massive and we needed to know everything. Pretty rough for a newbie at the time.

Language theory will probably cover formal languages as well. It's often used by the government (or better put, defense) to ensure safe application development. It's basically writing code, that tests if the following piece of code you're going to write functions properly. Basically you're adding fail safes to your compiler.

To be honest I kind of like the course, but my final year is going to be dreadful. They decided to stuff as much theory as possible in the final year, and cram the hardest possible mathematics in the final semester. I mean come on.

"Pfew, I almost made it. Now all that's left is the hardest part! ...wait."
Aviar³
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then shove mathematics down out throat every year. We start off with Calculus I, Discrete Mathematics (up to First Order Logic), and Analytical Algebra and Geometry. Second year we have Calculus II and some other mathematical course. Our worst is third year when we have Simulations and Control Theory, not pure mathematics per-say, but dreadful none the less.
Aniblaze

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

Aviar³ wrote:
Then shove mathematics down out throat every year. We start off with Calculus I, Discrete Mathematics (up to First Order Logic), and Analytical Algebra and Geometry. Second year we have Calculus II and some other mathematical course. Our worst is third year when we have Simulations and Control Theory, not pure mathematics per-say, but dreadful none the less.

So I guess it's the same wherever you study. Shit, I feel your pain brother, but fortunately I've already had 3,5 years of the agonizing mathematics. All that's left is my internship, and then my final year. I'll see you on the other side!

Aviar³
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

Augustine wrote:
Aviar³ wrote:

So I guess it's the same wherever you study. Shit, I feel your pain brother, but fortunately I've already had 3,5 years of the agonizing mathematics. All that's left is my internship, and then my final year. I'll see you on the other side!

SGL
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it when the guy is about to be punched and then he dodges it and climbs his back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Random spam All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: