Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gaming Mouses

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:31 am    Post subject: Gaming Mouses Reply with quote

Over these years, I've just used a regular generic USB optical mouse, but I kinda wanna try a gaming mouse. Does anyone know of one that's worth it's dollar?

Little edit from RS:
Butters wrote:
On behalf of Konr: G500.
Yeah, I actually read a few mouse comparisons online, but I can't decide. I mean, if I'm gonna pay $50~ for a mouse, why not bump up to something like the R.A.T for $15~ more that has a lot more buttons? But then again, I don't suppose I need all those features..
Saifallofjmr
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get the fucking MX518, if you get anything else you will be disappointed.

atom0s

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

Can't say I was ever really impressed with having a gaming mouse. I've gone back and just stuck with a basic 3 button mouse. Mouse games wont require you to need that many options for quick presses and the keyboard has more then enough combinations to handle what is needed.

Mainly just preference if you feel the need to have one though. Basically anything from Razor is usually the popular trends to follow with mice. Logitech and such is also good. Make sure you get a decent warranty if you buy anything that is over $50 though, don't waste your money to get something that doesn't work with your comp/games or breaks within the first week and can't replace it easily.

elpacco
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wiccaan wrote:
Can't say I was ever really impressed with having a gaming mouse. I've gone back and just stuck with a basic 3 button mouse. Mouse games wont require you to need that many options for quick presses and the keyboard has more then enough combinations to handle what is needed.

Mainly just preference if you feel the need to have one though. Basically anything from Razor is usually the popular trends to follow with mice. Logitech and such is also good. Make sure you get a decent warranty if you buy anything that is over $50 though, don't waste your money to get something that doesn't work with your comp/games or breaks within the first week and can't replace it easily.
Additional mouse buttons are good for binding to awkward key combinations (and then binding the keys to other things). For example, my vent PTT key is f9, and my mouse 5 button is also f9. That way it doesn't interfere with anything else when I'm doing something else while talking to people.

FangBanger wrote:
What is the best way for a lv19 Soldier to solo Sledge on Borderlands?
Shoot him.
HereToLearn
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this mouse looks alright, and its simple,

design is cool,(opinion

Kensington Ci65m Notebook Wireless Optical Mouse - 3-btn Mouse - Wireless - RF

its pretty cheap
$14-20$

its a wireless mouse, simple sometimes cords can be a hassle,
this mouse has a grip, its an optical mouse and it provides 1000dpi tracking

either that or the Habu Laser,
it has 2000 dpi and a 16 bit data path,
you can also set the side button panels to some keys you want.
also it lights up

and yea the MX518 is pretty good aswell

atom0s

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpacco wrote:
Wiccaan wrote:

Additional mouse buttons are good for binding to awkward key combinations (and then binding the keys to other things). For example, my vent PTT key is f9, and my mouse 5 button is also f9. That way it doesn't interfere with anything else when I'm doing something else while talking to people.

Mainly depends on preference. For vent I use ~ (tilde) since I have no use for it elsewhere and it's easy to hit. I just rebind consoles in any game that has them to something like insert. From there I have enough keys for everything with combination with CTRL/ALT.

I have a G15 keyboard and I've honest never used the G-keys on it for anything. I just recently bound G12 to be my Stealth button in WoW for my Rogue to easily hit it with my pinky lol.

But I've never needed more then what my keyboard can give me.

kls85
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO the most important part in a gaming mouse is the amount of DPI it has.
Higher for fast movement and low for precision. All other function is just add-ons and really depends if you need it or not.

I've got a MS 5 button optical mouse (7 years old) which isn't that bad for most of the games I play and the 2 extra buttons located on the sides is just for internet use. They're for forward and back.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: