Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My idea for a perfect Zombie game!!!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
D34DxL3G3ND
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: My idea for a perfect Zombie game!!!!! Reply with quote

Its easy u simply mix the free roaming of Grand theft auto, the map size of fall out or elderscrolls oblivion, the co-op of left 4 dead (More than just four), and make it run on live servers. any other good ideas please help i am currently attending devry university and need ideas for after grad work lol
XaLeX
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you'll need NASA computers for that, you know?
gameyoda
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XaLeX wrote:
you'll need NASA computers for that, you know?

Seconded. Or there will be no NPCs and it won't look good or anything. Perhaps if you wait several years or a bit more then that it is possible and even then its only high end, but it is not possible atm.
XaLeX
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or he could mix the roaming of GTA, the map size of fallout and the coop of l4d with.. the pixel art of pacman. that would be doable.
Sephiron
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or he could mix the roaming of GTA, the streaming of maps of elderscrolls and the coop of l4d with source-engine faired graphics.

Yes, elder scrolls games streams their maps. Each map, or chunk, is seamlessly loaded when the player reaches a certain distance to each ends. Switching to areas, or starting the game the first time will load all maps before hand so you don't have to load anything in between streaming.

False Prophet
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answers in this topic are so freakin retarded.
As far as the NASA computer comment goes, you do realize NASA still has computers from the 1980's in use to this day, right?

Also, the idea is completely possible, I don't know why you guys are telling him it is not. Have you never heard of threads?

Peanuts!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am very useless... wrote:
or he could mix the roaming of GTA, the streaming of maps of elderscrolls and the coop of l4d with source-engine faired graphics.

Yes, elder scrolls games streams their maps. Each map, or chunk, is seamlessly loaded when the player reaches a certain distance to each ends. Switching to areas, or starting the game the first time will load all maps before hand so you don't have to load anything in between streaming.

Map streaming is pretty standard fare for games with a large world. The problem I see with the game is that the load all of the zombies would place on the server would be tremendous.

Another.False.Prophet wrote:
Also, the idea is completely possible, I don't know why you guys are telling him it is not. Have you never heard of threads?

Your ignorance is showing. Threads aren't as powerful as you think.
False Prophet
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am ignorant because I am not spreading false information to inquiring minds? So, what do you call yourself then?
Peanuts!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am ignorant because I am not spreading false information to inquiring minds? So, what do you call yourself then?

You implied that threads were the solution the the problem. That is incorrect. Threads are not as powerful as you seem to think.
False Prophet
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flyte wrote:

You implied that threads were the solution the the problem. That is incorrect. Threads are not as powerful as you seem to think.

He can use threads to deal with streaming data to clients.
Another thing, procedurally generating npc's / enemies is possible. Free roaming of them could be done so they do not spawn until a player is within range of the cell or map.

Peanuts!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not a very good idea. You use asynchronous sockets for high-load servers. If you used threads you'd most likely notice a slow down, followed by your server application running out of memory.

Another thing, procedurally generating npc's / enemies is possible. Free roaming of them could be done so they do not spawn until a player is within range of the cell or map.

Of course they can. That doesn't change the fact that there could potentially be thousands of zombies in a small area.
Jorg hi
I post too much

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything has a solution.
False Prophet
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flyte wrote:

That's not a very good idea. You use asynchronous sockets for high-load servers. If you used threads you'd most likely notice a slow down, followed by your server application running out of memory.

Of course they can. That doesn't change the fact that there could potentially be thousands of zombies in a small area.

Application running out of memory would be caused by a memory leak. I have developed servers(NDA) that can sustain upwards of 5000 users simultaneously(broken down into individual sections of around 500) while processing data with no problem. The program allocates upwards of 1500mb of ram upon start up, which is never exceeds. The server uses exactly 3 threads.

Secondly, about the zombies in an area... This would be bad for the client, not the server. You could store the zombies position and ID within 4 bytes, like ID,X,Y,Z. But there shouldn't be thousands inside of a single area anyway since this would probably make your game unplayable for the client. An easier approach would be to give each area a maximum amount of zombies. Or just don't left the client display them until they're within range.

In GTA 3, npc's are not generated until you are within range of them. You could have the server generate x zombie withever x client is x close.

Peanuts!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Application running out of memory would be caused by a memory leak. I have developed servers(NDA) that can sustain upwards of 5000 users simultaneously(broken down into individual sections of around 500) while processing data with no problem. The program allocates upwards of 1500mb of ram upon start up, which is never exceeds. The server uses exactly 3 threads.

Your post implied that you were suggesting using a thread for every single connection. That would of course be incorrect as previously stated, and would cause memory issues (as each thread has both an overhead in memory as well as in the scheduler). The way you are explaining it here is with asynchronous sockets (I hope), which is the proper way. Perhaps you should be clearer with what you post in the future.

Secondly, about the zombies in an area... This would be bad for the client, not the server. You could store the zombies position and ID within 4 bytes, like ID,X,Y,Z. But there shouldn't be thousands inside of a single area anyway since this would probably make your game unplayable for the client. An easier approach would be to give each area a maximum amount of zombies. Or just don't left the client display them until they're within range.

In GTA 3, npc's are not generated until you are within range of them. You could have the server generate x zombie withever x client is x close.

The zombies may not be expensive in memory (certainly more than 4 bytes, however), but they are computationally expensive. Each zombie must preform path-finding, its bounding volume must be checked for collisions, etc. These then have to be served to each client (what you send could of course be pruned based on the players position) in a reasonable time-frame at a reasonable interval. Furthermore, as I believe the OP is referring to an MMORPG of sorts, it would not be feasible to simply generate them when a player gets close, as there could be quite a few players spread out around the map causing 'collisions' with other spawns.

The client would have no problem with processing this. The load would rest almost entirely on the server, and if the experience is meant to be like Left4Dead + GTA as an MMO the server certainly could not handle it.
Jorg hi
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.dvorak.org/blog/2007/04/01/worlds-biggest-server-farm-to-be-built-in-india-by-google/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Game Development All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: