Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question on WinSock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iPromise
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Question on WinSock This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

My question may seem hard to understand but please bare with me. If I were to go by making lets say, a chatting room which is available to anyone, would I connect EACH user who wants to chat in the room to my IP / SERVER which I am hosting? Then from there, every message that is sent is received by the server and sent back to each and every single user connected? How would I go by making a simple message a user enters sent to each user?
atom0s

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

If you don't connect them to the server, where else do you think the connection is going to go to?

Not every message is sent back to everyone. That part is up to you how the server is designed to interact with the clients. Such as connection/disconnection packets, keep-alive packets, chat packets, administrative commands and so on. You would only need to send back what you feel the server should send to everyone.

Someone logs in, you may want to inform everyone of it so you could send back a 'system' message saying said user logged in (or out).

Someone sends a message to everyone in the channel, you would want to send that back to everyone.

Someone sends a pm to someone, you wouldn't want everyone to receive the pm. You would only send it to the person getting the pm.

iPromise
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, that cleared things up, thank you very much!

+Reped.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General programming All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: