Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This good for a budget gaming computer?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fangor
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: This good for a budget gaming computer? Reply with quote

Here's what I have so far. Keep in mind I live in Canada so the prices are probably higher than they would be on newegg.com. Which is bullshit because our dollar is worth more than the US dollar right now, but whatever. And I'm not a really serious gamer so I don't need an epic graphics card.

TOTAL: $935 before tax/shipping
UPDATED

Some Retard wrote:
HELP MY HENRY HOOVER SUCKED UP ONE OF THE KEYS ON MY KEYBOARD!? I WAS HOOVERING MY KEYBOARD TO GET THE DIRT OUT FROM UNDER THE KEYS AND IT SUCKED UP MY COMMA KEY HELP I DONT KNOW HOW TO OPEN THE HOOVER

Last edited by Fangor on Fri May 07, 2010 4:29 pm; edited 3 times in total
Phox
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go 5770 for a mid range gamer, 5830 is really fine, but for some reason people don't like it. For that reason I wouldn't recommend it. If you really want, get an i7, but personally I would get an i5 750+plus an aftermarket cooler. Because of the fact that it doesn't have hyperthreading, the very reason why it costs so much less than an i7, it can reach insane speeds via overclocking.
Fangor
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would an overclocked i5 be better than an i7? I wanted an i7 because I thought hyperthreading was a good thing.

Some Retard wrote:
HELP MY HENRY HOOVER SUCKED UP ONE OF THE KEYS ON MY KEYBOARD!? I WAS HOOVERING MY KEYBOARD TO GET THE DIRT OUT FROM UNDER THE KEYS AND IT SUCKED UP MY COMMA KEY HELP I DONT KNOW HOW TO OPEN THE HOOVER
NeverForgotten
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems good
maybe low down the case a bit

I post too much

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:10 pm    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

Fangor wrote:
Would an overclocked i5 be better than an i7? I wanted an i7 because I thought hyperthreading was a good thing.

Of course, most overclockers turn their i7s HT off anyway. HT's addition of the virtual cores are by no means equal to adding real ones, a quad without hyperthreading is only a little worse than one with hyperthreading.
Fangor
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pho/x/ wrote:
Fangor wrote:

Of course, most overclockers turn their i7s HT off anyway. HT's addition of the virtual cores are by no means equal to adding real ones, a quad without hyperthreading is only a little worse than one with hyperthreading.

I decided to go with the i5-750 and a Cooler Master 212 Plus heatsink. Thanks for the advice.

Some Retard wrote:
Hero
I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pho/x/ wrote:
Go 5770 for a mid range gamer, 5830 is really fine, but for some reason people don't like it. For that reason I wouldn't recommend it. If you really want, get an i7, but personally I would get an i5 750+plus an aftermarket cooler. Because of the fact that it doesn't have hyperthreading, the very reason why it costs so much less than an i7, it can reach insane speeds via overclocking.
I think people dislike it because they consider it a bad 5850 or something. Its still fine all the same. The only thing I could complain about is roswell objects. They do not make good psu's, and they make ugly cases :s. Other than this, looks good.

Oh, I'd get a different wireless adapter. Get a linksys or netgear. A gaming pc cannot be lagged by shitting connections.
Fangor
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok got any good cases in mind that aren't more expensive?

And about the wireless, I wanted to get a Linksys one because I have a Linksys router and it works perfectly, but Newegg didn't have any Linksys N PCI adapters. There wasn't much selection.

Some Retard wrote:

Last edited by Fangor on Fri May 07, 2010 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hero
I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fangor wrote:
You can get a number of cool master cases for half that and they look damn good.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=cool+master+mid+tower&x=0&y=0

Some of 2 fan spots on the side, some have 1, but the case should not cost you 80 bucks. Yea that roswell has a big ass side fan, but I really do not think you should spend nearly as much on a case. Just does not seem like its worth it. I mean, if you wanted to OC, the smartest thing is a liquid cooling right? You wouldn't need the fans would you? Not sure how liquid cooling works.
Fangor
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hero wrote:
Fangor wrote:
You can get a number of cool master cases for half that and they look damn good.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=cool+master+mid+tower&x=0&y=0

Some of 2 fan spots on the side, some have 1, but the case should not cost you 80 bucks. Yea that roswell has a big ass side fan, but I really do not think you should spend nearly as much on a case. Just does not seem like its worth it. I mean, if you wanted to OC, the smartest thing is a liquid cooling right? You wouldn't need the fans would you? Not sure how liquid cooling works.

I think this case looks sick, might get it even though it costs more.
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119196

Some Retard wrote:
Phox
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hero wrote:
Pho/x/ wrote:
I think people dislike it because they consider it a bad 5850 or something. Its still fine all the same. The only thing I could complain about is roswell objects. They do not make good psu's, and they make ugly cases :s. Other than this, looks good.

Oh, I'd get a different wireless adapter. Get a linksys or netgear. A gaming pc cannot be lagged by shitting connections.

I'd much rather tell shota that I had a 5770 then a 5830. For a 5770 he'd only call me a poorfag, for the latter his hands would tear through my monitor and rip my arms off.

Seriously though, a 5830 doesn't offer that much better performance anyway, and doesn't even cost that much more anymore. a 5770 runs alot cooler.
Hero
I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pho/x/ wrote:
Hero wrote:
Pho/x/ wrote:

I'd much rather tell shota that I had a 5770 then a 5830. For a 5770 he'd only call me a poorfag, for the latter his hands would tear through my monitor and rip my arms off.

Seriously though, a 5830 doesn't offer that much better performance anyway, and doesn't even cost that much more anymore. a 5770 runs alot cooler.
Dat vapor x. He is always just competing. As for the case, yea that looks way cool, but damn, its way over priced. But then, it has a actual door and not just a panel that slides off. You pay for the hinges, cuz they are cool.
Shota

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replace 7200.11 Seagate with Samsung f3, faster random seek time, and longer warranty
If you really want a cool looking case with nice interior, then look for the Lancool selection, or any Cooler Master series, like the CM690, Centurion 5 for case mods, 5830 is not really worth the $200 price tag, unless you counting rebates, it's still better to buy 5770 and have another one crossfire in next few months when the price drop.
All shitstorm are welcome.

Officially gay.
bfsdbsdfbdsfb
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the CM(Cooler master) Storm Scout case it's a mid tower as well and it looks frickin' awesome imo.

Shota

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red Archer wrote:
I got the CM(Cooler master) Storm Scout case it's a mid tower as well and it looks frickin' awesome imo.

Same case, high five bro, bough it for $50.

Officially gay.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: