Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dll Injection Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Source
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iPromise
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject: Dll Injection Problem Reply with quote

Dark Byte,

You've told me the CreateRemoteThread() method for dll injection would work on a Vista, specifically x64, I took your words into consideration and thought my 'code' for my dll injector had an internal problem, and the problem was not with the OS. I also tested your "speed hack" feature in Cheat Engine, you told me it uses dll injection (which uses the CreateRemoteThread() method) to get the speed hack working, you also said it worked for Vista and Windows 7 x64.

I went to see it for my self, I ran CE as an Administrator, and also turned off UAC, but no matter how hard I tried, no matter what I did, I would always get a error.

Quote:

Failure enabling speedhack. (DLL injection failed)

I don't see a problem with CE, it's coded 100% correctly, there shouldn't be a problem with your 'code' when it comes to the CreateRemoteThread() Method. I am concluding this topic by saying that the CreateRemoteThread() method won't work on Vista for some gay ass reason, and if proved, won't change my mind.

You should also consider fixing speed hack and changing the dll injection method.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

speedhack works 100% fine on my windows 7 64-bit and my vista 32-bit and 64-bit systems

make sure you do a proper install of ce, so you're not missing speedhack.dll

also, disable your antivirus and firewall. Especially if you target a webbrowser or other 'protected' process (hackshield, gameguard, vac, etc..)

oh yes, don't target 64-bit processes

and check your system for rootkits and trojans, some 'not-so-legal' versions of vista and windows 7 come standard with a rootkit that do hook some of the api to hide it

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
reconm
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is IE Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Source All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: