Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A few MMORPG Questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Some Guy
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject: A few MMORPG Questions Reply with quote

I would like to make a MMORPG, starting off as just small, for me and a few friends, then gradually starting to make it publically available. I have a few questions first.
First off, the largest question, is download-based or browser-based? Which is best in your opinion?
Second, which language should it be coded in?
Thanks!

Last edited by Some Guy on Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Caelestis
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You plan to make a massively multiplayer online role-playing game?

Which language you say? MMORPG maker language of course. Everyone knows to make easy quick massive online games you use MMORPGML

Or use http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=428807
Eldia
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: A few MMORPG Questions Reply with quote

Limey Packet wrote:
I would like to make a MMORPG, starting off as just small, for me and a few friends, then gradually starting to make it publically available. I have a few questions first.
First off, the largest question, is download-based or browser-based? Which is best in your opinion?
Second, which language should it be coded in?
Thanks!

They Both Have Their Ups and Downs
Browser-Based Lacks security But is Loved by players
Download-Based Has Great security but player hate downloading it.
-----------
My 2D MMORPG is Download Based And Will not run if cheat Engine is Running Smile But A Browser Based cant stop it
-----------
And Use Java They Already Have a MMORPG making Site Called Project Darkstar Here: O wait I cant post urls Yet Evil or Very Mad
Just Google Project Darkstar.
Hope This Helped a Bit!
~Eldia
SBAOM
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MMORPG = programming + business capabilities. If you want it to be massive, of course. You should use C++ DirectX 11.

About browser or download thing, start with a browser application and then after a while make it downloadable. Be fuckin original, man. Don't put things like a fun way to play with your friends or dragons and stuff. Be original. Language doesn't really matter, security doesn't really matter either, you know. In fact some people like easy games. You could make an easy server and a normal server. Those are key facts. People usually play those games because they are lazy or they are bored or they don't wanna work or whatever. So... think about that, what would people like.
Mr.SnowGoon!
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would have to say, make it web based, and when you're project becomes popular, and more noticeable, make it download based. But making it popular takes time, like Adventure Qu3st W0rlds it's getting bigger and bigger every year soon enough when they have enough money the will expand it to download based. That is my opinion, it's completely up to you if you want it web based or download based.
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

converting from web to wform isn't that easy. You need to start all over with a new language.
CrisNMP
Fun Supervisor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jason furgason wrote:
i would have to say, make it web based, and when you're project becomes popular, and more noticeable, make it download based. But making it popular takes time, like Adventure Qu3st W0rlds it's getting bigger and bigger every year soon enough when they have enough money the will expand it to download based. That is my opinion, it's completely up to you if you want it web based or download based.

No they won't, is a flash game and will always stay as a flash game.

Your opinion is invalid.

BENBENBENBENBENBENBENBEN
Cryoma
Member of the Year

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jason furgason wrote:

They have enough money to expand, that would just defeat the purpose of convenience.
Right now their target audience is 13 year old males who play in the library and at school.
Something you couldn't do if it was download based.
Mr.SnowGoon!
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cryoma wrote:
jason furgason wrote:

They have enough money to expand, that would just defeat the purpose of convenience.
Right now their target audience is 13 year old males who play in the library and at school.
Something you couldn't do if it was download based.

Thank you for correcting me, thats what i was trying to say Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Game Development All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: