Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Opera browser problem.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Benji.
Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:17 am    Post subject: Opera browser problem. Reply with quote

When you click on the rotating button on your mouse, the middle one.. you can drag the page you're viewing right? it doesnt work anymore.. does anyone know how to solve this problem?
Federal
Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opera is an old style now, only a few people use it considering other web browsers. I would recommend you either to use "Mozilla Firefox" or "Google Chrome".
SF
I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Federal wrote:
Opera is an old style now, only a few people use it considering other web browsers. I would recommend you either to use "Mozilla Firefox" or "Google Chrome".

Or, we can help him fix his problem.

Have you tried reinstalling Opera?

Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Federal wrote:

Have you tried Opera 10 RC?
Shit's faster than a <insert witty thing here>.
Federal
Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been ages since I last used Opera. But the point SF is, why don't you use a better web browser when you have the chance to download and use rather than using Opera which is a not that good browser?
SF
I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Federal wrote:
It has been ages since I last used Opera. But the point SF is, why don't you use a better web browser when you have the chance to download and use rather than using Opera which is a not that good browser?

Everyone has their preference, and is usually biased by the lack of use towards other software, eg: you haven't used opera in a while. Don't claim it's shit if you haven't used it or given it a chance like you do for others. Now, any posts after this one that don't offer a solution to the OPs problem will receive a warning.

Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't tried uninstalling yet, but im scared i will loose my passwords if i do. And i don't want to switch browsers, do i loose my passwords and bookmarks if i re-install?
Karakawe
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Federal wrote:

Opera is not a second-class web browser. I think you're confused, or just don't know what you're talking about
Narwhal wrote:
I haven't tried uninstalling yet, but im scared i will loose my passwords if i do. And i don't want to switch browsers, do i loose my passwords and bookmarks if i re-install?

You would not be able to use the bookmarks or passwords in another browser if you switched now (Xmarks hasn't come to Opera for some reason). Before you uninstall or anything, check Opera's controls settings. That's one of the good things about Opera, that you can so easily change all the keyboard and mouse shortcuts and their functions. Try finding middle mouse-click and/or something about scrolling.

By the way, the middle mouse click's scroll function isn't as necessary as you might think. Since moving to Linux, I really don't use (or try to use) the function. It's all a matter of getting used to not using it.
elpacco
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karakawe wrote:
Federal wrote:

Opera is not a second-class web browser. I think you're confused, or just don't know what you're talking about
Narwhal wrote:

You would not be able to use the bookmarks or passwords in another browser if you switched now (Xmarks hasn't come to Opera for some reason). Before you uninstall or anything, check Opera's controls settings. That's one of the good things about Opera, that you can so easily change all the keyboard and mouse shortcuts and their functions. Try finding middle mouse-click and/or something about scrolling.

By the way, the middle mouse click's scroll function isn't as necessary as you might think. Since moving to Linux, I really don't use (or try to use) the function. It's all a matter of getting used to not using it.
It isn't necessary, but it is really handy. I use it a lot. And actually the exact same problem happened to me a long time ago, except it wasn't just for Opera, it was for my whole computer. It annoyed the fuck out of me. I just rebooted and it worked again, but don't tell me you haven't tried that already.

FangBanger wrote:
What is the best way for a lv19 Soldier to solo Sledge on Borderlands?
Shoot him.
Benji.
Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem solved, opera had a new update today. and now it works fine Very Happy
elpacco
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Narwhal wrote:
Problem solved, opera had a new update today. and now it works fine :D
They came out with Opera 10. A little more than just an update, I would say.

FangBanger wrote:
What is the best way for a lv19 Soldier to solo Sledge on Borderlands?
Shoot him.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: