Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ur-Quan Masters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Single player cheat request
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RTM
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Ur-Quan Masters Reply with quote

Though it's easy to hack resource units in the game is really hard to do that with Melnorme credits. Could someone do it, because I have enough of the Ilwrath ships destroying my fleet...
SandBag
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont find how to hack Melnorme credits but we can get them with data and i have find how to hack this
if someone want this say it
youngstormlord
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out this link: http :/ / urquan-cheats. blogspot. com

I'll post cheat for credits, landers, fuel and crew soon.
youngstormlord
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've posted all the cheats. Have fun using them Smile
overpaidhacker
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Ur-Quan Masters Reply with quote

youngstormlord posted some cheats, but I have found 6 (with one caveat):

1. Unlimited Resource Units (RUs)
2. Unlimited Biological Data
3. Unlimited Fuel
4. Melee: Infinite Combat Battery (energy)
5. Melee: Invincible Ships
6. Changing the day/month/year of the date

1. Unlimited RUs

When you start UQM, you can do a First Scan for (2-bytes or 4-bytes) Exact Match of the number of RUs you have. Best way to do this is go to the Starbase near Earth, and then check RUs. First Scan for this. Buy something, like crew, fuel, whatever. Then do Next Scan for updated number. You'll easily find this. You can then update it to like 50000 and never need to worry about minerals again.

Repeat as necessary.

2. Unlimited Biological Data (which gets you Unlimited Melnorme Interstar Credits)

New Search for a byte for the amount of biological data that you have. As you pick up more biological data and bring your lander back to your flagship, note in the cargo what you have. You can update this number of biological units to whatever (youngstormlord suggests like 250).

Keep the address around and after you meet the Melnorme, you can always update this number and bump into the Melnorme again.

3. Unlimited Fuel

Reading the code, the fuel is actually in fuel_ticks or hundredths. So you will be looking for a two-byte or four-byte value of whatever is 100 times your fuel value. The simplest way is to dock at the Earth Starbase or with the Melnorme and fill up. Then do a First Scan for 100* your current fuel (i.e., fuel=10, First Scan for 1000; fuel=210, First scan for 21000). When you enter hyperspace, you'll note that one of these numbers is now decreasing. It's fairly easy if you look for 21000 or 31000 since there's only a small number of addresses. However, you can also use the "Decreased Value" Next scan to find this.

You can then update this address to whatever you like.

4. Melee: Infinite Combat Battery (energy)

This requires knowing what the maximum combat energy and a little F1 (pause) coordination.
E.g., Androsynth 24, Arilou 20, Chmmr Avatar/Kohr-Ah Marauder/Melnorme Trader/Ur-Quan Dreadnought 42, etc.

Pause when the battle starts. You will do a First Scan for a byte representing the maximum energy. Then use energy (e.g., fire/use tractor beam/etc.) and pause, and do a Next Scan for the updated energy (which is sometimes tricky, you have to count the red dots). You should find one address. You can check the Active checkbox and change this to 42 (or whatever your fancy) and now you have limitless combat battery.

Note: you will have to do a First Scan for every time you go into melee/ship battles.

5. Melee: Invincible Ships

This requires knowing what the current crew is for your ship and again the F1 (pause) coordination.
E.g., Chmmr Avatar/Kohr-Ah Marauder/Ur-Quan Dreadnought 42, Earthling Cruiser 18, etc.

Pause when the battle starts. You will do a First Scan for a byte representing the crew. Whenever you get damaged, you can count up the green dots for crew and do a Next Scan. There are two addresses representing crew. You can then check the Active checkbox and change this to 42 (or whatever your fancy) and now you have invincible ships.

Note: You must uncheck the Active checkbox before warping out successfully. If you try to warp out with the Active checkbox set for your crew, it won't work properly.

6. Changing the day/month/year of the date

Okay. So you CAN change these. It doesn't mean you SHOULD -- in fact, if you change these, there's a good chance you'll screw up the events (like the Spathi slave-shielding or the Shofixti granting you ships or the Ilwrath and Thraddash killing each other).

But all of these (day, month, year) are bytes. Year is (not surprisingly) plain notation, like 2155, 2156, 2157, 2158, 2159. Month is 01 (January) through 12 (December). Day is 1-31. You can do a First Scan and since Hyperspace tends to burn through time very fast (like 5 real seconds==1 game day), you can easily find the day with next scans. Months and years are similar. Then you can update them if you really want.

Note: Again, you have been warned. Changing the date may screw up events.

Final notes: If you use cheats #1-5, you should have a MUCH easier time dealing with the game and far less tedious endlessly gathering minerals.
Orbit_Byte
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha! This was a great game. It would have taken me years to beat if I didn't resource cheat. Thanks to everyone who contributed. This really helped me out.
jucce
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: UQM save game editor and memory locations Reply with quote

This is one game I have played a lot. Some years ago I used Cheat Engine to help me create a stand alone UQM trainer (and also a save game editor).

So I have some tables with pointers. Here are some of the memory locations I managed to find. Cheats for the credits part require some bitmask tricks, I can also post the location of all the devices if there is interest. Although they are stored as bits so they too require some special techniques.

In theory it should be possible to do much more like editing speed, location and, what would be great, editing triggered events. By which I mean the various events/flags that are set as you progress to the game and acheive various tasks. I was checking the source code and there is a list of items but also lists of events like ILWRATH_DECEIVED etc. which should be possible to edit too. However finding all memory locations is tricky. Although having the source freely available is an advantage.

Note that this file is valid for Ur-Quan Masters 0.7.0 only. (Although I have tables for version 0.6.2 also.)

uqm.CT
 Description:
Cheat Engine table - Ur-Quan Masters memory locations.

Download
 Filename:  uqm.CT
 Filesize:  2.35 KB
 Downloaded:  621 Time(s)

jucce
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently updated the UQM memory editor in the links above. Here's an updated version of the table that also includes memory locations for editing the devices. First I thought they would need some weird hack since they are stored as bits, but Cheat Engine supports that well too.

uqmv2.CT
 Description:
Cheat Engine table - Ur-Quan Masters memory locations with device addresses.

Download
 Filename:  uqmv2.CT
 Filesize:  4.3 KB
 Downloaded:  508 Time(s)

v4015
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jucce wrote:
I recently updated the UQM memory editor in the links above. Here's an updated version of the table that also includes memory locations for editing the devices. First I thought they would need some weird hack since they are stored as bits, but Cheat Engine supports that well too.

Great stuff.....Thanks a lot....I can figure out the simple stuff in Groups 1-4
How is group 5 used? I have no idea what those values are and what they do

By the way, any chance you have a table for HD version。

I checked out your memory and save game editor links too but they seem to now work anymore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Single player cheat request All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: