Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need For Speed - Most Wanted
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How many of you have h0zed a NFS-MW save game, in the name of haxX0ring?
Frequently
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
A few, but not many...
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
This one time... At Band Camp...
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
What's an NFS-MW save game?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Do you have wall hakus!? I NEED WALLLLL HCKUSSS
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3

Zhoul
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Need For Speed - Most Wanted Reply with quote

(Continued from http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?p=27817#27817)

Also, an entire pointer path tutorial, which uses NFS-MW can be found here.
http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?p=27276#27276
The actual tutorial starts here however, as everything between the above post and the following, was conversation about methods.
http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?p=27398#27398

I'm also attaching my current .ct file that I've made for NFS-MW. There are 3 groups of addresses which list something like "Punto Body" "Punto Spoiler" etc. Each group is a different car type. These addresses are specific to my own save game, but it seems once you find them, it will be the same for your own game. The car types (punto, eclipse, etc) are not going to be the same for you (unless you buy your cars in the same order I did.) The different listings are there, because certain features of a car (like the hood, etc) are car specific.

i.e.

The eclipse spoiler values are...
Eclipse Spoiler - 87 - 91 - 92 - 94 - 101 - 103 - 105 - 106 - 112 - 114 - 115 - 118

But other cars won't use the same values.

Things like engine type, transmission type, etc, are indeed the same across the board. (usually ranging from 0-5).

The reason I'm posting the .ct here, is because it is very 'incomplete' and still a work in progress.

Jong wrote:
Hi Zhoul, first thanks for share your know how.

How can I change NFSMW speed ?
I mean is let my car have very fast speed immediately.
Thanks for your help.

In this mini-tutorial, I explain how to give infinite nitro and speed breaker.
http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?p=27546#27546

But if you mean, how do you give your car engine/transmission/etc upgrades:

I'm still working on this for the trainer. Really what I'd like to do, is unlock all parts/cars/paint jobs/etc, but this is proving rather difficult, because of how the game locks and unlocks the items in the shop.

What I can tell you is this:

Tires (0-4)
Suspension (0-3)
Transmission (0-4)
Engine (0-4)
Turbo Charger (0-3)
Nitro System (0-3)
Super Transmission( 8 )
?
?
?
?

The list above shows to what limits each value is set for each car. They are all 4 byte values, and are found in memory, one after another, in the order listed above.

- Go to the shop
- Purchase (or downgrade) to the first set of tires after stock. (should be 2nd tires selection)
- Make sure you check out, and not just put them in your shopping cart.
- Search for a 4 byte value. 1 (this will turn up a lot of results).
- Go back and buy stock tires. Checkout, etc
- Search for 0
- Keep going back/forth from stock to the next level, searching for 0 (stock) and 1 (non-stock)
- You will eventually have 1 result. Add that result to your table. Then start adding 4 byte values, +4 bytes after one another and you will get a list of values like i have above. You can use the table I attached and simply 'recalculate' a group of addresses.

Unfortunately, that will be *only* for that car.

If you buy a new car, then you can just offset the entire values list by +330 (hex)

*EDIT*

I later found that my initial 330 calculation was incorrect. I bought a new car, copied an entire group, and recalc'd based on 330 and the values I saw, surely weren't 'car' values (mostly FF's and such).

The actual space between (which is also the 'length' of each), is 198 (hex). I wondered how I came up with 330 (hex). It just so happens that 198x2 = 330 =) I obviously lost a car somewhere in the whole process. (I wish I could say that IRL... Never mind... I just remembered my car got repo'd a few months ago... Be careful what you wish for...).

If you 'obtain' a car other then purchasing, like winning a pink slip, you'll simply have to 'find' where it is in memory (Because it won't be the standard +330 hex).

speed.CT
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  speed.CT
 Filesize:  3.74 KB
 Downloaded:  14347 Time(s)

Last edited by Zhoul on Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:47 am; edited 2 times in total
JONG
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Zhoul, thanks so much for your help again.

I was readed all of your post, and they help me make a Chinese trainer, because English verson different to Chinese verson, so I must make a different trainer.

I mean let my car have very fast speed immediately is:

Push a key then let my car instant have high speed immediately.

Like a trainer for NSF:MW call NFSMW +12 Trainer.

It's have a function make above thing and you can choice how much speed you want setting, then you can go back game and use a key let your car instant have high speed immediately.

If you are interest about this NFSMW +12 Trainer, I can upload to here for you.

As I was say, It's only can use on English verson NSF:MW, so I must make a new one for Chinese verson.

Thanks again for your information, I will keep to follow with interest your post.
Zhoul
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were you, I'd just go with the "Infinite Nitro" hack, as modifying the cars current velocity could cause many issues (like, falling through the map, or getting yourself 'stuck' in a building). I actually fell through the map once, while making the infinite nitro hack (by NOP'n the FSTP line that writes to nitro). It's not pretty =)

Inf nitro pretty much boosts you to a very high speed, quickly.

Messing with the velocity of an object, in a game, via assembly proves very difficult as well. There isn't just 1 variable that determines your current speed, because velocity is an X,Y,Z kind of calculation.

Also, If you tried to make a trainer to do this, without getting to extensive, you'd wind up effecting all cars in the game, thus making it that much more difficult.

In the end, unless you have a specific reason for it, the amount of work involved in making a hack like this 'foul proof' , isn't worth the time it'd take to do it.

An easier way, then modifying current velocity levels, would be to modify the boost given by nitro. Again, this will effect all cars, unless you make a code cave which can 'pick out' your car from the rest. Again, more time then is worth imho.

Go ahead and upload that trainer. I'd be interested in seeing what other features you've got goin' on.
JONG
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First Thanks for your reply.

I was find an address for the car jump, and it's never change address in the game.

And I try to change this address of value, it's work fine and no any error.

But I find that, in this game the Z value is always change it's value, so if I only change this address value, sometime it's not so good.

ex:

Now in game Z value is: 151.0253111165

If I change the Z value to: 180.0253111165

And make a trainer use above value, then go back the game and use it on a map of Z value<180.0253111165, maybe it's can work, but if I use it on a map of Z value>180.0253111165, it's can't be work like I want.

I try to set a hotkey in CE and set it's value use "Increase value with:" function, then I fill into the value use 50, then go back the game, and change any map, it's work fine and no any above error.

The question is:

If I want use CE to make a trainer, I can't use above function in that I make of trainer, because it's no any function like I setting in CE table, it's only let you setting a value and no more choice can do like CE table.

How can I do ?

Sorry for my pool English, and attachment file are you want, it's the NFSMW +12 trainer.

The Extension 'rar' was deactivated by an board admin, therefore this Attachment is not displayed.

cparty
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice some are doing the same Smile
Here's my file from NFS MW. I have 15 cars in Career, just look at them like Slot1 - Slot15. However I didn't add all the address locations for every Car as I was too lazy to do that. But the structure is always the same so you should figure it out if you want change something not in the list.

Quote:
Tires (0-4)
Suspension (0-3)
Transmission (0-4)
Engine (0-4)
Turbo Charger (0-3)
Nitro System (0-3)
Super Transmission( 8 )

actually its like (4Byte each):
Tires
Brakes
Suspension
Transmission
Engine
Turbo/Supercharger
NOS
Unique Performance Upgrades

The numbers you can use as values correspond to the available upgrades for that specific car and aren't the same in every case.

One word on the unique performance upgrades:
They are stored as "bits" where the value (hex):
01 = Tires
02 = Brakes
04 = Suspension
08 = Transmission
10 = Engine
20 = Turbo
40 = NOS

which leads to a value of 7F for a fully upgraded car (Don't try to put any of this stuff into the BMW M3 GTR or the game will crash Wink )

I have the NOS/Speedbreaker/Never Busted code replacements.. Speadbreaker could be done better though, but it works Wink

To adjust the file to use with your game, find the money value and calculate the offset to my file, then recalculate all the addresses using the offset.

edit: oh I see the brakes are in your file Smile so you just forgot to post them

NFSMW.CT
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  NFSMW.CT
 Filesize:  4.78 KB
 Downloaded:  7520 Time(s)

Last edited by cparty on Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
JONG
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I find "Never Busted" code too, in English or Chinese verson of game, they use same address, so it's easy work for me.

I am use the +12 trainer to lock some function, then use CE to search it, so maybe it's a easy way for us.

Nice to meet you cparty, hope we can make more function of trainer.
cparty
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I would like to see in a trainer is a "mission timer" for tollbooth races and a "non collision" option (what you get for a few sec if you get hit by the pursuit breakers). But I wasn't lucky finding those yet.
Anyway I have completed the game 100% already so it would just be for learning purposes Cool

@JONG: If you haven't found the NOS/Speedbreaker in your version yet, try searching for (float) 1 when its full, then do decrease/increase search.
JONG
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cparty wrote:
What I would like to see in a trainer is a "mission timer" for tollbooth races and a "non collision" option (what you get for a few sec if you get hit by the pursuit breakers). But I wasn't lucky finding those yet.
Anyway I have completed the game 100% already so it would just be for learning purposes Cool

@JONG: If you haven't found the NOS/Speedbreaker in your version yet, try searching for (float) 1 when its full, then do decrease/increase search.

Thanks for your kind.

I was find N2O/Speedbreaker by Zhoul's share of information.

If I find the "mission timer", I will share my information ASAP.

Now I try to find the "super brakes", it's a funny function.

If Zhoul or you can find how to do that, let car jump as your setting value, that will be a glad thing.

BTW, this is I get from English verson of code, it's about for jump code:

address 0093769C float

If you change it's value and set a hotkey for it, than back to game and use the hotkey, you can see your car jump like your setting value.

Hope it can help you. Wink
Zhoul
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep Wink I forgot me breaks in my original post.

Your further description on the Unique Performance Upgrades rocked. I've still been working on my B&W2 trainer, so I've not had the time to do all the work you've done on your table. +respect

Cparty wrote:
Here's my file from NFS MW. I have 15 cars in Career, just look at them like Slot1 - Slot15. However I didn't add all the address locations for every Car as I was too lazy to do that. But the structure is always the same so you should figure it out if you want change something not in the list.

I too got tired of copy/pasting then changing names... so try this Wink

- Copy 1 group (1 cars worth of values) from CE.
- Open Notepad and paste (yes, notepad... yes paste)
- In my case, lets say i just got a Eclipse, and I copied the values for a Punto. I'd click "Edit" "Replace" .
- Find: Punto Replace with: Eclipse
- Click "Replace All"
- Edit > select all > edit > copy
- Go back to CE , select the last value in your list, then Ctrl+V to paste in the renamed address list Wink

One other thing: NFS-MW tries to stop other debuggers from attaching. If you already aren't already... Try this method...
http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=2338
DB Rocks..

*Edit*

Notice how all the cars seem to have their own, same-sized chunks of mem they take up? ...

I wonder if we can somehow copy a cop car Smile I've been looking for one Wink

*edit 2*

Jong - Almost any 'value' address you give us probably wont work (floats, etc). But I'm pretty sure if you give us 'codes' (like from the debugger) then they should work, no?

Also: As for all this hot-key setting... I work with 2 PC's, side by side... its awesome... give it a try sometime

*edit 3*

I don't know about you, but I don't use the orig DVD's I buy, because I switch between so many games, and have a near infinite amount of Hard-Drive space at my disposal. Therefore, I imaged the game, but needed a way to ... bypass ... the *cough* loading process.

I'm hosting sd4hider.exe on my site, as I'm not sure how DB would feel about me uploading it here.
http://lqdgroover.gotdns.org

Just make sure you use it from the same place (meaning, copy it to 1 folder and use it from there). Why? When you 'Hide', it backs up the part of the registry it changes. When you 'Restore', it uses that backup (in the same directory) to restore.

If you used it from 2 different places, It wouldn't find the backup.

Wink I don't suggest using Alcohol created "Virtual CD Drives", but it works like a f00kin charm with Daemon Tools. (And Daemon Tools is a thinner, more feature-friendly, less visible Virt CD Emulator)

http://daemon-tools.cc
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zhoul wrote:

- Copy 1 group (1 cars worth of values) from CE.
- Open Notepad and paste (yes, notepad... yes paste)

ehrm... ooops

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
JONG
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Zhoul, nice to see you again.

I post of address is get form debugger, it's never change it's address.

Now I upload the CE table, you can find all of code in this table.

I am use a image file to play the game, and same to you, I am use sd4hide to load this image game file.

I am use Alcohol created a Virtual CD Drives.

I think you don't know what I mean, I know how to set a hotkey, in CE 5.2, if you want to change an address value in the CE table, you can't like above CE verson to setting, you must give the new value a hotkey, then setting it's value.

My question is:

In CE table to set the jump address and use "Increase value with:" function is work fine, because it can add map Z value.

Ex:

If map Z value is:150.XXXXXXXXXX

And I want to push a key then jump 20m

I can use CE table function:

set a hotkey>Increase value with:>fill in 20

Now I go back the game, and hit above I setting hotkey, can let my car jump 20m, even I change any map, it's work fine.

But if I want to make a trainer, only I can do is setting a value, not like in CE table, you can use "Increase value with:" function.

So if you set a value like 180, on a map of Z value < 180, maybe it's work fine, if the map of Z value > or = 180, the jump trainer function can't be work.

How can I let I make of trainer can use "Increase value with:" function like use it in CE table ?

Thanks for your time to read this post, and sorry for my pool English.

Jump.CT
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Jump.CT
 Filesize:  331 Bytes
 Downloaded:  4470 Time(s)

Zhoul
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have great timing. I just posted a trainer created entirely in visual basic that gives examples of everything you request.

http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?p=28075#28075

Here is a "general" tutorial on how to create a VB6 Trainer. This is what I used to learn 'how' to do it, but my trainer is to this example, as a Aston Martin is to a Volkswagon Bug.
http://www.extalia.com/home/index.php?sel=guides&view=40

I created the trainer due to the limitations of CE's trainer maker, which usually works great, but in the case of Black & White 2, I needed much more.

As for the hot-keys. What I mean is. I never need to setup hotkeys for values, in CE, because I use 2 computer to hack games. 1 PC is always in the game, the other PC is right next to me, connected to PC 1, and I can change values as I please.

I do use hot-keys for scanning, like "New scan" "Unknown initial value" "changed" "unchanged" and so on.
cparty
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JONG wrote:
address 0093769C float

thanks JONG, if the address should be static I go have a look

Zhoul wrote:
One other thing: NFS-MW tries to stop other debuggers from attaching. If you already aren't already... Try this method...

yeah thanks Smile had that prob until I stumbled over that post.

Zhoul wrote:
Notice how all the cars seem to have their own, same-sized chunks of mem they take up? ...
I wonder if we can somehow copy a cop car I've been looking for one

yep, I recognized that too... already tried it, but I ended up with a car where only the tires and the hood were visible and the rest was invisible... I bet I done something wrong Razz and it could be that its something with the values you posted for hoods etc. (I havent looked at the rest of all the values for each car, except the preformance parts).. I bet the TYPE of car is stored somewhere else.. thats why we end up with only a partial visible car because the parts I just copied do not exist for that TYPE of car..

I will try the image trick, thanks Smile

Dark Byte wrote:
ehrm... ooops

uh-oh.. okok Smile I see you can do that in CE and even change offset for only the selected ones.. should have tried that. Cheers Dark Byte!

JONG wrote:
But if I want to make a trainer, only I can do is setting a value, not like in CE table, you can use "Increase value with:" function.

I know what you mean.. haven't seen any option like that, so I guess its not possible. DB?

oh btw. Zhoul some nice posts there about the pointers. Thanks Smile
Though I haven't read through them all yet. And thanks for the VB-tuto link!
Zhoul
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cparty wrote:
yep, I recognized that too... already tried it, but I ended up with a car where only the tires and the hood were visible and the rest was invisible... I bet I done something wrong and it could be that its something with the values you posted for hoods etc. (I havent looked at the rest of all the values for each car, except the preformance parts).. I bet the TYPE of car is stored somewhere else.. thats why we end up with only a partial visible car because the parts I just copied do not exist for that TYPE of car..

I will try the image trick, thanks

The car type is stored in that same block of memory I'm thinking. The reason you saw no visible 'other things' is because of all the different hoods/etc (as you said) Thats why we gotta find a cop car in memory, and just copy its entire memory chunk over one of our pre-existing cars. The Debugger has an option to do that, under File.

DB wrote:
ehrm... ooops

Oops what? I know you can mass change the names in CE, but I had specific post-names on the values too.
I.e.
Punto Hood
Punto Blah
Punto Etc

Notepad was the only way I knew to mass change, only the "Punto" part of text.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copy/paste to notepad won't work anymore, in 5.2

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 1 of 20

Jump to: