Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hotkeys for memory view

View previous topic :: View next topic  
madskillz200
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: hotkeys for memory view Reply with quote

ok im going to make this blunt and simple

are there memory view hotkeys so you can EX.change the eax value and edx (dont know if thats right) when you press a certain button if there is please tell im getting sick and tired of minimizin then coming back because the game is laggy thank you
Zhoul
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To directly answer your question, no there isn't. You *can* however, set a hotkey to a specific value (although, I just tried it in 5.1 and it gave me an access violation.. Could be an isolated case as I never use it).

Your best bet is to run 2 PC's , side by side. Even if the 2nd PC is an old 486, running Windows 98, if your main PC runs XP, you can run Cheat engine in a separate Remote Desktop session, simultaniously.

This article describes how to set that up...
http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=4056

Maybe if you give us an example of how this is affecting you, we can offer another solution to the issue.

- Zhoul
madskillz200
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its just annoying
im playing maplestory and i want to turn on maplestory so i minimize maplestory(i dont want to get windowed cause its incredibly laggy) then i set up the regerster values at this location i change 2 values now later on i want to change it again i minimize it then i take off both values now do that for some time evuantully youll get pissed off so its more of a annoying thing then problem
Zhoul
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madskillz200 wrote:
its just annoying
im playing maplestory and i want to turn on maplestory so i minimize maplestory(i dont want to get windowed cause its incredibly laggy) then i set up the regerster values at this location i change 2 values now later on i want to change it again i minimize it then i take off both values now do that for some time evuantully youll get pissed off so its more of a annoying thing then problem

You did nothing more here - then expand on a bunch of nothing =)

- What do the values effect?
- Are you flip/flopping the values, from/to only 2 different values? Or are you having to change it to something calculated/based off something in the game, which could be anything at a given point?
- The registers themselves, became what they were, based off of calculations of other memory values. Could you find where these registers are defined, see what memory value they 'pull' from, then simply change those memory values, instead of the registers?

Options:
1. Learn a bit of assembly, simply by looking at a lot of it, and using the debugger to 'toggle break point' , then 'step' through the code... Reading the CE definition of each (the white line between the ASM code and the memory values, in the disassembler.)
1a. Then, find a way to modify the ASM, so the values change as you'd like them.

-- In the case of flip/flooping values
2. Use the 'toggle break point' on the line you're talking about, and see if any of the other registers hold the reverse value.
2b. From this point, you would add an "array of bytes" to your values list, as long as the code is, then figure out the hex values to change the actual register used to write the value.

I.e.
If this were the ASM that changed the value...
Offset 00400146 - add [eax+ ], AL
And the disassembler is showing that it took 6 bytes to 'make' that ASM.
Then I figured out that DL had the 'reverse' value I needed...
Then I would add to my values list, offset 00400146, As an array of byte, 6 bytes long.
I would then change the ASM to read
add [eax+ ], DL
Then note the change of the array of bytes (I usually copy/paste the original and new values, into the description itself, for easy access).
I would then copy/paste that value, to make 2, of the same address in my list.
I would then right-click each value and click "Hot-key" and set the values accordingly!

In the end, there is a way, we just need more info, and j00 need to stop getting frustrated when 1 way out of 1,000 doesn't work =) (Possibly by remembering that there is always a way, no matter what).

But do answer the questions in the top of this post here, and we may be able to help you. Otherwise, continue on your pissed off path =)

- Zhoul
madskillz200
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okk.... i get some of what you posted and here are some answers for your questions

no i just gotta turn on edx and eax and put them both to 0

ok i guess your saying that i can pull out the value from the memory view thing

but the game d/c(disconnects) when i change a real value from variable... i think thats why i olny use memory view
Zhoul
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case, all it would take is a little assembly hacking to 'fix'.

Btw , if this is a multi-player game, somebody shoot me, as i've just done that which I can't stand =) (help ppl cheat on m-player games heh).

All that aside.. It really does wonders to get a 2nd PC, if you plan on actually learning any of this stuff. To be able to mess with 'live' memory, while in the game, is surely much better then playing a game, thats been hacked =) (if that makes sense)
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gues I'll have to shoot you.

From whhat i've gathered this is about maple story, where they do a crc check on the memory. So the only way to edit it is by editing the registers without editing the code.

But don't worry, because that crc check on the memory the solution of 'a little assembly hacking' isn't possible.

and about the hotkeys for change register on addrss xxxx: Not going to be added for a loooong time. (so either add it yourself, or live with it)

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Zhoul
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To quote "Badskillz" ...

"It's just annoying"

Damn I hate helping snot noes bastards continue to be just that.

All that aside....

I love CE , but I neglect to mention it so many places (i.e. www.bwgames.com) because I fear bastards like this one will keep on bein' bastards.

I know that some games already specifically block CE, but do you think it'd be a good idea to, possibly give them more info, or let CE become more vulnerable to games which truly have a right to stop crap like this?

Last edited by Zhoul on Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
madskillz200
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i already have the hacks and dark byte i think you meant maplestory regular which has nprotect which i think blocks ce but i play maplestory beta which does not have nprotect but just d/c you if you change a value but i think i should try doing the assembly and disambly thing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: