Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What accesses an address

View previous topic :: View next topic  
skyw4rrior
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:29 am    Post subject: What accesses an address Reply with quote

Hi all.. im making a trainer for GUNBOUND and i need to know the code to do a little debugger routine to FIND WHAT ACCESSES AN ADRESS... I've read the CE source code, but it is too long and very hard to understand.. I'm trying to make this because the game has an address that changes constantly (address of the GIFT BUTTON)... i looked it into the CE debugger, in FIND WHAT ACCESSES THIS ADDRESS and noted that an address acesses it and, always, when the debugger detects it, the value of the register EBX is exactly that ADDRESS subtracted by 24... and now i have to do a code (in delphi) to find it (FIRST DETECT WHAT ACCESSES THAT ADDRESS and then READ THE VALUE OF EBX... PLZ.. I NEED UR HELP !!!
bitterbanana
Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe dark byte did it this way:

1. set a breakpoint at the value's address.
2. when the breakpoint is reached, record the current command, which should be the function that accesses your value.
3. remove breakpoint and continue the program flow.

But I don't think you need to know how to do this. Just do some code-injecting to record the value of ebx in a static address.

Inject "mov [some address],ebx" into the code and the ebx register will be in that address. It might work if that's the only value that the function is writing to. If not, try tracing pointers.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find what accesses an address returns the code addresses that access a certain address
The address of that code is almost always the same unless the dll gets loaded in a different spot (which is unlikely) but the address will almost surely be different, and thus impossible to set a breakpoint at. (I also dont know the reason why you would want to find that address of code instead of the address it accesses it)

But I take it you want something like the "find out what addresses this code reads from" function like in the code list.

in that case
in a seperate thread in your app:
DebugActiveProcess
place a simple int3 byte at the start of the instruction and remember the original byte
waitfordebugevent
if it is a break event at the address you've set the breakpoint then use getthreadcontext to get the state of the registers like ebx
then restore the int3 byte with the original byte,
continuedebugevent

this will find the first time it accesses that code and then stop recording.
Also, I recommend watching thread creation so you can create the link between threadid and threadhandle so you can use getthreadcontext.

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: