Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

:D

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ph33r
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: :D Reply with quote

Okay, I'm no guru.. or even close as you will notice with memmory hacking. So I play asherons call, I dont know if you heard of it but There are stacks of pyreals, kind of like gold... its the currency... as i was saying... stacks of pyreals in my inventory, I figured out how to change it to whatever i want but its just client side, so If i change it to 100 then drop it on the ground it turns back to a 1 ( this is an MMORPG ). Is it possible to use these for actually changing something, or does it just al depend on where its held that it says how much gold i have...

So is my gold held on server side while my health might be heald client side or my armor level or something? Hope you understand what I mean, It's really late and I'm just rambling with prolly lots of typos. Sad
The Cyndicate
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most values like this are Server side.
You have to find work arounds for this. You have to think smart and learn how to fool the server into thinking they have more value.

If you think this is hard, you should try hacking memory on a PS2, for games like Socom, and other DNAS protected games.

Just look for a work around.

I am willing to help people as well. If I had access to this game, I would install it to mess with it, but I dont.

If I was you, and you say you are new to this, I would open up a windows game like mine sweeper, and I would learn how to read the assembly language.

Like when you find a value in the game, right click that value, and select "Find out what writes to this address" . Then add whatever writes to it to the codelist. Then select the option that says "Replace with code that does nothing". You just nop'ed a code. Look in the debugger, and watch how it changes as you make these changes. Then you can learn how it all works, and be able to do more.
ph33r
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh i know the basics i was messing, i found what writes it and set it to nop, it changed my gold to 20 and it would change the gold if i bought somethin gor sold something stuff like that, didnt really work though i messed around. The trail version is out till the 17th for the expansion actually, I have the actual game but if you go to www.fileplanet.com search the asherons call : throne of destiny trial you can create a character, type /marketplace you will end up in the marketplace place and buy a token to max your level out ( so people can learn abou tthe game and stuff ) but ya ive been messing aroudn give it a shot if you want. And ive tried some basic stuff like that, dont know much ASM code though.

oh ill post these

0055e59e - read
0055eee2 - write

EDIT: okay i got a little farther i changed mov [ecx], eax to:
mov [ecx], 100000

but now it just says i have 0 money for some reason, and it actually thinks i do i have like 2131 but says i dont have enough for something that costs 600, so im getting somwhere i guess
The Cyndicate
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find out the value for [eax], and then change the registers to something else.

If thats the value for money, then change it to alot of money. Dont nop it.
ph33r
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried setting ecx to   before it hands over to eax and the game crashes, then I took out the next line which is "test ecx,ecx" and the game doesnt crash but my money is at 0 again.
Sad

Last edited by ph33r on Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:33 am; edited 4 times in total
ph33r
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres the code:

xor eax,eax
pop esi
ret 000c
mov ecx,[eax] <--- line 0055e59e
mov eax,[esp+0c]
mov [eax],ecx
test ecx,ecx,
jne +0d
mov edx,[esi]
push eax
mov eax,[esp+0c]
push eax
mov ecx,esi
call dword ptr[edx+04]
mov eax,00000001
pop esi
ret 000c
nop

When I searched where it reads my total gold line 0055e59e is what I got. I don't know if that code helps at all or anything.
The Cyndicate
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats the copy line.
Find out what is reading/writing/accessing that line.

Do that until you get to the place where the real value is stored.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: