Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

what about the geocity CE page?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emperor
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 1:26 pm    Post subject: what about the geocity CE page? Reply with quote

errr well evertime i google for cheat engine one of the first results is http://www.geocities.com/Cheat_Engine/ which doesn't seem to be updated anymore, well sucks if people search for the CE page using google and only find the old version Confused maybe it's better if it's deleted rather than irritating people who search for the official cheat engine website Exclamation
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deleting it would still keep the url on several searchengines, so people would visit a empty site and thinking the progress on CE is stopped.

But I've found a nice alternate solution for it Wink
emperor
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea a redirect ! just what i've been expecting when i read that you had an alternate solution for it Very Happy
and well instead of only telling them they get redirected you could also write that they should update their booksmarks/only use proper page or else they'll keep getting the damn yahoo ads if they use the geocity one every time
BTW : although i visited the CE page frequently in the past i never saw any changes, yes i had the geocity one in my bookmark, i didn't realize that it was updated until i found out that 3.1 was out when i once clicked on the board button...so there really might be people with the geocity one in their booksmarks, i was one of them
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, clicking on the Cheat Engine logo also brings you to my website. (in earlier versions some setup stuff was under a rightclick on the logo)
But I gues if you did you didn't notice the different url, or the updates, or I placed it at a spot where it's hard to accidentally click :D

oh yes, I will not announce Cheat Engine 3.4 on the messageboard(Same reason as with 2.4)
emperor
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ehh is that right how should i have known that the cheat engine logo in the flash movie actually had a meaning (if you mean this one?)
accidently click? sorry i dunno what u expect i am but i never accidently click somewhere or widly click around on a page searching for hidden features ,do i seem like i would? Confused
and i guess that you mentioned 3.4 should be a hint that there might be something on the betapage somewhen... Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: